Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] Problem with plugin and editing post

Old Jun 28, 2010, 10:13 PM
Julia

14 posts · Oct 2009
[SOLVED] Problem with plugin and editing post

Hi,

When I try to add new post or edit old post, I cannot write in the body text.
It won't let me type. I cannot add any picture.

It happened all of a sudden. I'm using wordpress 3.0 and atahualpa 3.49

I thought to desactivate plugin and reactivate in case that was the problem but when I did it, that message came up a few times:

the plugin generated 5 characters of unexpected output during activation. If you notice “headers already sent” messages, problems with syndication feeds or other issues, try deactivating or removing this plugin.

My site was hacked a month ago, I got it fix. I hope it's not happening again...

Thanks,

julia
Old Jun 29, 2010, 09:43 AM
bigbri9

3 posts · Jun 2010
I am having the same problems trying to set up a new site.
Using WP 3.0 and Atahualpa 3.5.1.

When I tried to enable the Akismet plugin (Only one I wanted enabled), I lost the main part of my editing screen for pages.
When it's disabled, everything is just dandy.

Anyone have any ideas? I've got 1and1 basic hosting FWIW.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 04:44 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Julia - I would look at the dates on all the code, sounds like you are hacked. Did you upload fresh copies of all teh plugins and the theme and wordpress code? did you chang your ftp and cpanel passwords? Did you check to see if there were any new users in your cpanel and wordpress db?

bigbri9 - how much php memory do you have? Is this one of the 'cheap' accounts?
Old Jun 30, 2010, 12:12 PM
bigbri9

3 posts · Jun 2010
I do have a cheap account, here's what I found for all 1&1 shared servers.

Quote:
Due to resource limits on our Shared Hosting machines, it is not possible to allocate more than 40M of memory to PHP via the memory_limit directive, although phpinfo() may report a higher number. While you may specify more than 40M for the memory_limit PHP directive via a php.ini or .htaccess file, the server will not allocate more than 40M.
Do you think that's my issue then?

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 01:48 PM
Julia

14 posts · Oct 2009
Hi,

Yes, we got hacked. Today, our tech support tried to fix it. We hope it's now gone. We updated all our plugin and we are using wordpress 3.0, atahualpa 3.49.

However, since our tech support cleaned our blog, our posts and footer posts haven't been displaying properly in IE (it's ok in Firefox and safari).

alamodemontreal.com

Thanks
Old Jun 30, 2010, 03:23 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
bigbri9 - yes I think memory issue.

Julia - the tech guys messed up something and the post headers have a <h2>......</h> surrounding them. All the browsers but IE look at the </h> and say 'ok, that ends the <h2>, but not IE. It keeps everything as an H2 till it gets to an </h2> if it is in the code.

I would suggest downloading a fresh copy of the theme, unzip it and copying all the php code back into the atahualpa folder on your host. Even easier, copy your header image to the fresh copy of the theme and just upload the entire folder wiping out the old cop of the theme.

p.s. see my PM I have a question about Montreal
Old Jun 30, 2010, 08:52 PM
Julia

14 posts · Oct 2009
Hi juggledad,

Sorry I don't see your question about Montreal in your previous post!

Can you tell me what it is again?

Thanks!

julia
Old Jun 30, 2010, 09:18 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I sent you a private message. Look at the top right of the window and click on 'private message'