Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Add my photo into header

Old Dec 31, 2009, 08:03 PM
pohaver

1 posts · Dec 2009
I am really new at this. How can I add my own photo into the header/banner and eliminate the other rotating images?
Old Dec 31, 2009, 10:47 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could take out the %image and leave the %logo and use your picture as the logo or you could delete the images used for the rotating banner and replace with just one picture of you. If you are not sure what I mean you need to go through all the various areas in the ATA backend to become familiar with file locations etc. For instance the files for the banner are located in the following folder.
HTML Code:
/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header
Old Jan 11, 2010, 07:40 AM
ksreid

1 posts · Jan 2010
I too am a raw newbie. I am using wordpress through a website I have at network solutions. I want to replace the header image with one of my own but don't know how to access the html code in order to remove unwamted images and add my own. Simply adding the folder to my wordpress web address brings up a page that denies me access. How do I get to the code in order to alter it?
Old Jan 11, 2010, 09:06 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You will need to use ftp to upload and remove image files. If you are not sure how to go about that you should probably check with your host on how to access your site via ftp.