Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

changing header link

Old Feb 10, 2009, 08:53 AM
jamie

3 posts · Feb 2009
Hi,
Thanks so much for your theme, I will definitely be donating as soon as I get this all up and running. I have already creating a website in dreamweaver and I would like the blog to be a page inside the site, not as the home page. I already have a link on my homepage that takes you to the blog, but I was hoping you could tell me how to change the link of the header so it connects back to my home page.

Thanks,
jamie
Old Feb 10, 2009, 11:06 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
In functions/bfa_header_config.php, around line 18, find:

PHP Code:
$page_menu_bar .= '"><a href="' get_option('home') . '/" title="' get_option('blogname') . '">' 
and replace with:

PHP Code:
$page_menu_bar .= '"><a href="/">' 
or, if your Homepage is not at www.mydomain.com/ (but in a subdirectory instead), replace with this instead:

PHP Code:
$page_menu_bar .= '"><a href="http://www.mydomain.com/subdirectory/">' 
At A. Theme Options -> Page Menu Bar -> Home link in Page Menu Bar? put the text for the link to the homepage, i.e. "Home"
Old Feb 10, 2009, 05:05 PM
jamie

3 posts · Feb 2009
Hi Flynn,
Thanks so much for your reply. I think I was maybe a bit unclear. I would like to link the header image to link back to the home page of my website. Can you tell me how to do that?

Thanks so much for your help!
Old Feb 10, 2009, 09:04 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
To avoid another wrong post, do you mean the header image (the big one that can rotate) or the logo image (by default a green-red-orange symbol)
Old Feb 11, 2009, 10:09 AM
jamie

3 posts · Feb 2009
I meant the header image, the one that can rotate. I think I figured it out though. I went into that same functions/bfa_header_config.php and changed line 159

<a class="divclick" title="' . get_bloginfo('name') . '" href ="' . get_option('home') . '/">&nbsp;</a></div>' : '' );

to:
<a class="divclick" title="' . get_bloginfo('name') . '" href="http://www.subletclothing.com' . '/">&nbsp;</a></div>' : '' );

is that correct? or would you have done something differently. It seems to be working.
Old Feb 11, 2009, 05:07 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie
I meant the header image, the one that can rotate. I think I figured it out though. I went into that same functions/bfa_header_config.php and changed line 159

<a class="divclick" title="' . get_bloginfo('name') . '" href ="' . get_option('home') . '/">&nbsp;</a></div>' : '' );

to:
<a class="divclick" title="' . get_bloginfo('name') . '" href="http://www.subletclothing.com' . '/">&nbsp;</a></div>' : '' );

is that correct? or would you have done something differently. It seems to be working.
That's correct. You can also change the title tag of the link to be something different than the blog title

PHP Code:
<class="divclick" title="Some other title here" href="http://www.subletclothing.com' . 
'/"
>&nbsp;</a></div>' : '' ); 
Old May 27, 2009, 07:10 PM
tanya_alexis

1 posts · May 2009
I some how managed to do something very weird to my Page Menu Bar Options page. For some weird reason, all of the links on the page are connected to my main web address. Here is what I did:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynn
In functions/bfa_header_config.php, around line 18, find:

PHP Code:
$page_menu_bar .= '"><a href="http://www.mydomain.com/subdirectory/">' 
At A. Theme Options -> Page Menu Bar -> Home link in Page Menu Bar? put the text for the link to the homepage, i.e. "Home"
When I try to delete it, I just get sent to my homepage. Can you please help me make this go away?

Thank you.
Tanya
Old May 31, 2009, 06:12 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Send me the file again, also see my last PM