Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

[SOLVED] Newer and Older posts header is backwards

Old Sep 19, 2009, 10:06 AM
misangela

14 posts · Sep 2009
[SOLVED] Newer and Older posts header is backwards

Has anyone else noticed that the "Newer" and "Older" posts navigation is actually backwards? When you click to an entry, at the top, the post on the left is newer and the post on the right is older. Standard timeline would dictate older on the LEFT and newer on the RIGHT. For some reason #684 is considered newer than #686 in the code. ?? Why is this?

This is not a crippling issue, obviously, but now that I've noticed it, it's making me crazy.

I've rooted through the css files and even the functions and can't see where this setting is in the theme. Is it even IN the theme? Or should I be rooting through the WP files?

Anyway, if this can be fixed EASILY, would someone give me the instructions? If it's buried deep in the code and difficult to change, just say so and I'll live with it.

Thank you!

Angela
Old Sep 19, 2009, 03:56 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
It's a theme option ATO->Next/Previous Navigation->NEWER / OLDER orientation
Set it the way you want.

p.s. You will want to change the other options so the quotes are going the 'right' way on the 'right' side of the links
Old Sep 19, 2009, 10:53 PM
misangela

14 posts · Sep 2009
Thanks, Juggledad, you RAWK! I just switched to the new version of Chupacabra (which is what I call Atahualpa since I can't pronounce *that*!) and I didn't see that you could manipulate the newer/older settings!

This theme is BRILLIANT.

I've made a donation for the work you guys have done!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

<3
Angela