Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How to make the Header width fluid (100%), but keep everything else fixed (980px)?

Old Aug 23, 2010, 01:54 PM
in10

46 posts · Aug 2010
I'm trying to make my entire header stretch to 100% fluid width, but keep everything else at a fixed width of 980px.

I've pretty much screwed around with everything and can't seem to make it happen.

I would have thought for sure that putting the following CSS insert would have done it:

#bodyrow {
width: 980px;
margin: 0 auto 0 auto;
}

But it doesn't.

So... how exactly would I make this happen?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 03:02 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I you make the "header" a background image it should work.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 08:42 PM
in10

46 posts · Aug 2010
Ha, good idea... and it worked just like I needed it to. Thanks!

1 other followup question.

How would I do this exact same thing... but with the footer?

Thanks again man.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 08:55 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
If you want a header image and a footer image...

Place the code for one background image in ATO>Body, Text & Links>Body Style as outlined on that page. Set it to repeat-x and positioned at the top.

Now put the following code into the HTML/CSS inserts:

Code:
html{background:#XXXXXX;background-image:url('http://Path_To_Image/bg-bottom.jpg');background-repeat:repeat-x;background-position:left bottom;}
This adds another background image to the html tag and positions it at the bottom. Put the background color in the html tag and remove it from the body tag.

Basically, You have one background image in the body set to repeat-x and positioned at the top and another in the HTML/CSS inserts: