Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] How can I italicize a few words in the headline?

Old Dec 29, 2009, 03:19 PM
PrairieProg

12 posts · Dec 2008
I have a number of posts where I italicize part of the headline, usually the name of a book. In the past with version 2.*, I always used the the <i> or <em> tag. In 3.4.4, however, it ends up publishing as <i>Title</i> instead of Title.

What do I need to change to do this? I don't know if it's relevant, but I do have the Bytes for All SEO activated with "Yes" selected for "Make Post/Page Titles H1."
Old Dec 29, 2009, 04:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
this is a offshoot issue from the addition of the new 'Atahualpa Post Options' If you want to get the <em>...</em> to work again you muse edit functions.php and remove lines 491-630 (version 3.4.4) which should start with the line
HTML Code:
/* CUSTOM BODY TITLE and meta title, meta keywords, meta description */
and end with a '}' a couple lines before teh comment
HTML Code:
/* When the post is saved, save our custom data */
Then you must delete the custom fields in the post that begin with 'bfa_ata_' and teh <em> in the title should work again.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 07:30 PM
PrairieProg

12 posts · Dec 2008
Juggledad, you are an absolute wonder! My donation has been made since you managed to solve my issues so rapidly without me wrecking havoc with my entire blog.

Thanx much and Happy New Year!!!