Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

poss Silly design question on footer and graphics

Old Apr 14, 2011, 08:22 AM
tlck9

151 posts · Aug 2010
poss Silly design question on footer and graphics

Hi Guys

I'me trying to put a design together at the moment, for friend who is selling surfboards.

I came across Jam's website on the showing off pages this one in particular = redbackgraphics.com.au

My question may be a stupid one, but I couldnt find a definitive answer.

I love the extended footer, putting links in there as its been done here and also where the picture of the spider overhangs the page content.

Can someone give me some tips on how these parts are created?

Edit: I have created a widget in the footer, but they are all on top of each other, so i've done something wrong
test.surfproduce.co.uk

Last edited by tlck9; Apr 14, 2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old Apr 14, 2011, 08:35 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You might want to try adding a three celled widget area in the footer per the instruction on the New Widget Areas section.

The spider is a flash file that he put in a text widget in the right sidebar and positioned with CSS.

To say more than that would mean I would need to say more than could be comfortably put in a response. Sometimes you can get an idea of what someone did by looking at the source code or using a tool like Firebug to look at the code and elements.