Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Old Nov 3, 2009, 07:45 AM
Mande

36 posts · Apr 2009
I'm creating a blog that is identical to a website already designed. In the header of the website there is a box in the upper right where members can login. How do I include this login box in the Atahualpa header?

Last edited by Mande; Nov 5, 2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old Nov 3, 2009, 09:04 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
One way you could do it would be to use the new widget area and build your header using that - split the area 90/10, put your header image in the 90% and put a signup form in the 10%
Old Nov 3, 2009, 10:48 AM
Mande

36 posts · Apr 2009
I did not realize you could do that now. Great!

Just to learn I installed the example code into the Configure Header Area and get an error message.

Inserted this code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=My widget area&cells=4&align=1&align_2=9&align_3=7&width_4=7 00&before_widget=<div id="%1" class="header-widget %2">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>

into "configure header area"

get this error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: str_ireplace() in /home/speaker/public_html/blog/wp-content/themes/atahualpa342/functions.php on line 321

Suggestions?

Thanks!

P.S. I just made a donation through paypal-thanks for your help!
Old Nov 3, 2009, 11:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
you are using PHP 4.x - str_ireplace() was added to PHP 5.x
Check with your host to see if they have an option to swap to php 5 (at GoDaddy it's controled by a line in the .htaccess file). While you can change the code and replace the str_ireplace() with str_replace(), you should move to php5.x.

check with your provider
Old Nov 3, 2009, 11:41 AM
Mande

36 posts · Apr 2009
I've just been given access to set up the blog so I don't think its an option to upgrade the PHP but I'll check. in the meantime. where in the theme files do I edit that code?
Old Nov 3, 2009, 12:13 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
umm, like the message says, line 321 in function.php

Be aware that you may run into more issues espically wiith widgets if you remain on php4.

You should also upgrade Atahualpa to 3.4.4 - where the 'str_ireplace' has already been replaced witht the 'str_replace'.