Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

3.7.12 dead site

Old Dec 15, 2013, 05:48 PM
AuAg

2 posts · Dec 2013
3.7.12 dead site

Hello BFA...

I have spent a couple hours trying to solve this with no luck.

My entire site is down and can not log in to WP to make changes.

I am getting this error on the main page of www.oldngold.com

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_ENCAPSED_AND_WHITESPACE in /home/craidcom/public_html/oldngold.com/index.php on line 18

if I download the index page and I see this on line 18

blog-header.php');

I have contacted my hosting support and they seem to think its this line on the bottom
of the index page which I did not see in dreamweaver when I downloaded the index.php file.

root@tito [/home/craidcom/www/oldngold.com]#

I have made NO changes to the site other than a text update on a couple of pages/posts
in the last 2 weeks and everything was fine until yesterday.

Fortunately I did make a backup of the site a couple of months ago with xcloner but I
can't access my wp-admin... and I would like to solve this before uploading a older version
of the pages I changed.

I have tried renaming then deleting (saved a copy first) the ata theme file and it did
not change the index page error.. or revert to the default theme.

I also tried renaming the plugin file (did not delete) and also no change to the site.

Any suggestions???

Thanks
Craig
Old Dec 15, 2013, 07:11 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
that is not the theme's index.php ut wordpress's and it should be
HTML Code:
require('./wp-blog-header.php');
I would look at the date the file was last modified becaue it shouldn't be touched at all. I might do a manual fresh install of wordpress replacing everything BUT wp-config.php and the wp-content folder.

I would also run a security check on all your files to make sure you haven't been hacked.

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 7, 2014 at 02:49 AM.
Old Jan 7, 2014, 12:56 AM
AuAg

2 posts · Dec 2013
juggledad

I am sorry I thought I thanked you for your reply...

I did get the site back up and running... There was some messed up
coded in a lot of the .php files.

I am left with one problem that I have not been able to find.

All of my headlines are showing up with a bad </h1> tag and
I can't locate the file to make the correction..

I would really appreciate any help in locating the file I need
to modify..

You can see the bad "</h>1>" error here

<div class="post-headline"><h1>Estate Jewelry Stores Victoria</h>1></div>

And it's on every page http://oldngold.com/

Thanks

Craig
Old Jan 7, 2014, 02:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Send me a PM with an Akron ID/pw and I'll poke around