Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Changing Post Order

Old Jul 15, 2013, 12:24 PM
EugeneA

7 posts · Jul 2013
Information Changing Post Order

Hello,

I have created a two column post layout on my site by placing . As is stands now my site displays the same posts side by side (did so by adding two postformat.php in the content div).

Like I said, the same post are displaying side by side- which I do not want. I'd like it to display posts as such:

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Eugene.
Old Jul 15, 2013, 03:11 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
I'm pretty sure this has been asked and answered on this forum. It was a while ago, but you should be able to find it if you dig.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 01:28 PM
EugeneA

7 posts · Jul 2013
I've been digging and searching. I've found related threads- some seem to be related to another theme tho. What thread you are talking about?

I've read this thread, which I believe is similar to what I am trying to accomplish.

Jerryc, In one of your post in this Thread: 3 Column Post

You said: The grid part is pretty easy with MZ. You'd edit whatever main template you were using. Here is a basic post and a more advanced one on grid layouts.

To make the posts layout into the grids will probably require some advanced php. You may want to see the last post in this thread.

You'd probably first sort your posts in reverse chrono. Assuming you'd want your posts to lay out 1, 2, 3 across the first row, then 4, 5, 6 below that, you'd use a "for" loop, starting with the latest thread, and increment your counter by 3, so your first column would have posts 1, 4, 7 .... In the second column, you'd start one higher, so you'd have posts 2, 5, 8 ..., and one higher for the third, ending with 3, 6, 9 ....

P.S. Remember, PHP starts counting array items at 0, so you'd really have 0, 3, 6 ... in the first column, etc.
--------
I'm not quite understanding. How to I change the PHP to start counting in the arrangement that you have stated?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jul 22, 2013, 02:17 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
I'm going to have to call on other members of this forum to give you the other pieces. While I know quite a bit about html, php, and css, I'm rather new to WP and know almost nothing about posts. I only use WP for pages.
Old Jul 22, 2013, 05:44 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
@jerryc: a page is just a special type of a post
Old Jul 22, 2013, 07:27 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
@jerryc: a page is just a special type of a post
Yes, but excerpts of them don't get listed on the home page, which is what the poster wants to do, only in columns, and I can't help on this anymore than I have. Do you have some ideas on how to increment posts so they line up in columns, juggledad? This has been asked before, and I expect others will ask it again.