Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Also my static pages will not load

Old Jan 14, 2010, 01:38 AM
taal

3 posts · Jan 2010
Hello,

First of all congratulations for your nice theme and thanks for your good work.

I experience a similar problem as this thread. In my case:

- the page appears totally white with only a broken <body tag. Exactly as I paste it, so without the closing tag

- post pages and the rest of the site load and display normally

- I use the theme 'as-is'. I just installed WP and the theme yesterday and I have only done some minor changes. In order to make sure that these did not cause the problem, I did a reset of all settings.

- The header of the page up to the <body tag loads normally as far as I can see on the source. So <style>, jqueries etc. are all there, but then it breaks at the <body tag.

- I use WP 2.3.3 and the latest version of atahualpa

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 02:12 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
First off I STRONGLY suggest up upgrade WordPress. Version 2.3.3 is OLD

since you just installed WP and the theme yesterday, start over and use Wordpress 2.9.1 (you can get it at http://wordpress.org/download/) and then test it again
Old Jan 14, 2010, 07:55 AM
taal

3 posts · Jan 2010
Thank you for your quick reply. I was hoping for a less radical approach. Wordpress 2.3.3 was given standard by my hosting provider (one click on the control panel) while the new version I have to install/upgrade myself.

In any case I will give it a try and let you know if this solved the problem.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 08:53 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Wow if that is their standard, I'd look for a new host!
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:15 AM
taal

3 posts · Jan 2010
I guess you have a good point about the host.

Well, I did the upgrade and WP did not cause me any difficulties, on the contrary. The few content I had in the database was preserved and for the rest everything went OK.

Then I uploaded Atahualpa 3.4.5 on the themes directory (clean install). I see it perfectly on my admin page, with all its options. But preview of the site shows a blank page. Activating it, results to a blank index page.

I do not know if Atahualpa uses the database; just in case, I did again a reset settings. This did not help.

Looking at the code of the index page, I see that it breaks after this line:

<!-- Header -->
<td id="header" colspan="3">

I am eager to use this theme after seeing all the options it has available so I hope you can help me some more in order to fix this one. Thanks again!
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
if you swap back to the default theme, can you see your first post? I want to make sure it not an install issue.

Also, what do you have at ATO->Style & edit HEADER AREA->Configure Header Area

ATO= Atahualpa Theme Options

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 14, 2010 at 10:38 AM.