Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Problems with Internet Explorer 6 & 7...surprise surprise

Old Mar 5, 2011, 08:59 AM
nayarain

2 posts · Jun 2010
Problems with Internet Explorer 6 & 7...surprise surprise

Version: Atahualpa 3.6.4
Site: http://www.beyondgracethemovie.com
WP Version: 3.1

First thank you for the theme, it's a lot of fun to work with and this is the 3rd site I've built with it My site looks beautiful on Firefox, Chrome, Safari & IE 8, but the logo isn't displaying correctly (like it does on the other browsers) in ie 6 and 7. Wondering if any of the Ata Geniuses can help me out with this? The code I'm using to style the logo is:

Code:
#logo {
    background: url("http://www.beyondgracethemovie.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa364/images/bg_newlogo.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
    height: 430px;
    margin-left: -95px;
    position: fixed;
    top: 142px;
    width: 10%;
    z-index: 9999;
}
I'm aware that this could be totally wrong. Any thoughts on how I might fix this? I am happy to provide a admin login if necessary.
Thanks!
Ps. Paypal tips will follow when I get some $$ in my account.
Old Mar 5, 2011, 09:46 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
In ATO>Style and configure Layout turn on IE7 emulation. If that fixed the issue for IE6 great. I would never put any time into trying to make a site IE6 compatible if that didn't fix it.