Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

How Does You Make a Page-Wide Billboard-style Container?

Old Jul 17, 2010, 12:16 PM
acolburn

2 posts · Jul 2010
At the top of my home page, directly underneath the header, I'd like to have a billboard-like area (called a feature_box in some styles). Basically, it's a large rectangle which spans all or most of the page's width. The billboard containers I'm thinking of usually have different background colors than the rest of the site, so they stand out, and usually have one column with a little bit of large text and another column with an image. (See http://www.webmastermgr.com/ for an example.)

Underneath the billboard, the page has its "regular" formatting--multiple columns, sidebars, whatever. Sidebar tops would be just below the bottom of the billboard.

I see a lot of sites with this feature, and I haven't been able to figure out how to do this with Atahualpa.

Thanks, as always! -- Al C.

p.s. Title should say "How do..." not "How does..." :-)

Last edited by acolburn; Jul 18, 2010 at 07:28 PM.