Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Making A Page Contain All Posts In A Category?

Old Feb 17, 2011, 01:42 PM
Graytness

19 posts · Jul 2010
Not sure if this is even possible, but here's what I would love to be able to do. As my blog stands right now, the menu bar below the header contains the following tabs: Home, About Us, Contact Us, and Features. I recently added the Features tab, but would like to fine-tune it somewhat. The blog posts some random articles, but also has certain pieces that have a consistent theme and are posted on a regular basis, i.e. weekly, daily, etc... For example, you'll notice that there was a daily post called the Dude Tune At Noon (which is one of our categories). Is there a way to have a section under the Features page that would collect all of the Dude Tunes? Basically, Dude Tunes would be posted to our main page each day, but would also be collected on a page called Dude Tunes (which would be found as a child of the features tab). I have the Inline Posts plug-in that allows you to enter the post ID into a page and it will put the corresponding article, but I was wondering if there was an easier or different approach. I hope this makes sense...I tried my best to be as detail oriented as possible. Any help would be much appreciated.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 07:52 AM
GarethP

64 posts · Jun 2010
If you use WordPress > v3.0 you can add categories to the menu and they appear as a page with all the posts from that category on them.

Have a look at this site of mine which does pretty much the same thing using the method above

http://www.northnottshc.net/

In the News section there are loads of different categories posts but in the sub-menu - Team Selection - is just the team selection category - but these posts appear in the main News section too
Old Apr 12, 2011, 01:54 PM
diverge

1 posts · Apr 2011
GarethP: I was excited to hear that Wordpress 3.0+ supports this feature. I have been wanting to integrate the post categories into my page menu system for sometime. Can you point me to where I can create a PAGE that simply contains the listing of posts for a specific POST CATEGORY in Wordpress 3.x?

Sam
Old Apr 12, 2011, 02:11 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Look in Appearance>Menus. You can add a category as a menu item.
Old May 31, 2011, 09:27 PM
potter34

1 posts · May 2011
Sorry this is 2 years later from your last post.

I created a custom menu, and have lost the Home page. Do I have to create that manually if I use a custom menu?
Old Jun 1, 2011, 04:08 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Yes, when using custom menus you are responsible for ALL the menu
Old Jun 3, 2011, 10:05 AM
juanma

6 posts · Jun 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
Look in Appearance>Menus. You can add a category as a menu item.
I'm trying to do the same than the author of the thread. I added a category as a menu item, but the menu item does not appear in my page menu bar. Is it possible to do so?
Old Jun 3, 2011, 10:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you are creating a custom menu, you need to name it in the dashboard->Appearance->Menus->Theme Locations' option.
Old Jun 3, 2011, 11:13 AM
juanma

6 posts · Jun 2011
great! thank you