Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Newbie screwed up menu and side bar

Old Aug 26, 2009, 05:03 PM
jkgourmet

54 posts · Aug 2009
I was trying to use a bullet on the side bar instead of the bar. I tried to follow the directions on the forum to do this, but somehow ended up with the bullet in my page menu bar - and now the page menu bar is vertical instead of horizontal and has lost all the outlines. I've tried (HARD!) to search for what I've done, but my knowledge of WP is so meager that I'm getting nowhere. Can you set me right, please? (I donated before I made this mess to thank you for such a lovely theme that IS very easy to use.) www.anythinggoesgourmet.com

1. I want to pu the page menu back to it's original state, then I can customize it with solid lines, preferred colors, etc.
2. I want bullets in the side bar - I've uploaded a gif to the icon area of my c-panel.
Thank you.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 07:47 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I looks like the whole CSS for the menu is not being applied. It's there in the CSS file but you probably edited css.php somewhere towards the end (because most other styles are being applied) but shortly before the menu CSS starts, so the menu CSS is not being considered valid anymore because a bracket was not closed or something like that, somwhere above the menu CSS. I couldn't find the error though. I suggest that you upload a new css.php.

As for the bullets, have you checked this thread from post #14 onwards? http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=1149
Old Aug 29, 2009, 01:17 PM
jkgourmet

54 posts · Aug 2009
It was the #14 post that started all of this - but I'll try it again after I get the .css file fixed. You say "upload a new .css file." Can I just copy and paste one from another atahualpa installation that I have on another website - one where I have not touched the css file?

Also Flynn, can you please have a look at that post about bullets that you mention above and respond to my "incredibly stupid" questions at the end of the thread? It might help me figure out how to use the information in that thread as well as many others in this forum.

Last edited by jkgourmet; Aug 29, 2009 at 01:21 PM. Reason: addition
Old Aug 31, 2009, 07:41 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
If you're unsure download a new copy of Atahualpa from http://wordpress.bytesforall.com to get a fresh css.php
Old Aug 31, 2009, 02:45 PM
jkgourmet

54 posts · Aug 2009
Here's what I did to try to fix the page menu bar (the thing above the header). I did this ALL through wp-admin:
1. Installed a new fresh version of the theme in another site that I have.
2. Deleted the css.php in anythinggoesgourmet.com (where I have the problem).
3. Copied the css.php file from the new install and pasted it to anythinggoesgourmet.com.

No change. I did the same thing with the header.php as well. Still cannot get this page menu back to where I started.

What would happen if I change the site to another theme, delete the atahuapa theme, upload atahualapa again and activate it?
Old Aug 31, 2009, 02:46 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
that should work
Old Aug 31, 2009, 03:06 PM
jkgourmet

54 posts · Aug 2009
Thank you. I will try that. Would you mind having a look at my question under the thread about changing the widget vertical bars to bullets? (the one everyone refers to as #14)?

That's what started this whole thing, and I still can't get the darn bullets. (but I've leared a lot trying!)

Thanks.
Old Aug 31, 2009, 03:12 PM
jkgourmet

54 posts · Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
that should work
Nope. Still have the page menu bar showing as vertical with bullets. I went and put everything in the page menu bar options back to the defaults, and all that did was change colors and add back the pages I told it to ignore.

Next suggestion?
Old Aug 31, 2009, 03:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
check out http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=3202
Old Aug 31, 2009, 03:31 PM
jkgourmet

54 posts · Aug 2009
I was actually reading and trying that fix while you were replying. Here's the code now - using the public bullet:

/* Setup bullets for LI items on sidebar */
div.widget ul {
list-style-type: none !important;
}

div.widget ul li a:link,
div.widget ul li a:visited,
div.widget ul li a:active,
div.widget ul li a:hover {
border-left: 0 !important;
padding-left: 0 !important;
}

/* Normal bullet */
div.widget ul li {
border-left: 0 !important;
padding-left: 15px !important;
background: url(http://www.win.net/public/bullets/red.gif) no-repeat 0 3px;
}

No change. Which leads me wonder if my problem really lies in the mess I made of the page menu bar. Which DOES have bullets, and is vertical, but I don't want either. I just want it back to what it was in the beginning. My other post works through that problem, whch appears to be related to this problem.

BTW, it's version 3.4.1 for me. Is that what's wrong?