Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

Question from a luddite...apologies ahead of time

Old Mar 18, 2011, 01:36 PM
JuicyMaters

257 posts · Mar 2011
Send a message via Skype™ to JuicyMaters
Question from a luddite...apologies ahead of time

Understand...I'm a TOTAL tech dummy (just SEEING code makes me break out in hives), but I'm intrigued by TF. Tell me if I'm understanding what it's capable of correctly:

I understand TF to be a robust framework to build a custom theme on, like Thesis, but that one can construct the theme in a simple visual PnP way, i.e. no code...basically simply "draw it up" and assign what you want something to do, and TF does all the techie code stuff behind the scenes, and the theme created will be functional with the WP backend, just as though I had downloaded and installed an existing theme like Atahualpa or Suffusion.

Is that right? Can it be that simple?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 03:06 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
It's not like Thesis, in that it's not a framework. It's more like Artisteer, which creates themes and their accompanying files. TF will create a full theme, like Suffusion or Atahualpa. It's a drag-and-drop interface, and theoretically you can do it without knowing any code. It's good to at least understand the basics of CSS, however, but it's also a nifty way to learn the power of CSS.

At the moment, you also have to install server software like MAMP or WAMP on your computer so you can run Themeframe. When you are finished designing your theme, you have to upload the theme to your site's Wordpress /wp-content/themes/ folder.

Flynn intends at some point to dispense with the server software piece of this.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 03:20 PM
JuicyMaters

257 posts · Mar 2011
Send a message via Skype™ to JuicyMaters
Paulae...thanks for the quick info. I had found the vido after I asked the question, and TF seems AWESOME! I do have three more simple questions.

1. I'm on a VERY limited retirement budget. If I wait until mid April to buy after the Bta offer ends, will the full price still include total, no additional cost for reuse, use of TF?

2. Does the offer (eithr the Beta now or full in April) include updates if changes are made?

3. Does it matter which server DL I use, Wampsrver or Xampp?

Thanks loads. With this, it's a matter of "Yesterday I couldn't shpel web desiner and 2day I ar one!"...LOL