Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Slider only on Front page

Old Sep 13, 2010, 08:08 PM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
I'm using Smooth Slider to showcase featured content, but I've only been able to put it above the loop on the main index template. This causes it to show up anywhere. Where can I put it so that it only shows up on the home page?
Old Sep 14, 2010, 03:43 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
wrap the html in a PHP if statement
HTML Code:
<?php if (is_front_page) { ?>
your html here
<?php }; ?>
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:38 AM
bswb97

158 posts · Aug 2010
Smooth Slider is actually called with a PHP statement:

PHP Code:
<?php if ( function_exists'get_smooth_slider' ) ) {

get_smooth_slider(); } ?>
I tried this:

PHP Code:
<?php if (is_front_page
if ( 
function_exists'get_smooth_slider' ) ) {

get_smooth_slider(); } ?>
But that didn't seem to make any difference. I'm sure this will work but what's the right way to wrap the statement?
Old Sep 16, 2010, 07:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try this
HTML Code:
<?php if (is_front_page) {  
	if ( function_exists( 'get_smooth_slider' ) ) { 
     get_smooth_slider(); } }?>
Old Sep 16, 2010, 10:47 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
No need to mess with the theme files. In the theme options, style and edit center column/content above the loop, just put
Code:
<?php
if (is_home() AND function_exists( 'get_smooth_slider' ) ) {
     get_smooth_slider(); } ?>
I use it on http://aghca.org.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:46 AM
Henrietta

10 posts · Aug 2010
NW PA USA
Thanks so much for this post! I am feeling pretty darn good about being able to figure this out with the help here! I got the Easing Slider Plugin to work and show only on my home page using this code in Above the Loop!

<?php if( is_front_page() AND function_exists('easing_slider')) { easing_slider(); } ?>

Woot