Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

[SOLVED] favicons not working after upgrade

Old Jan 3, 2014, 02:04 AM
lehacarpenter

33 posts · Oct 2009
Hi:

I just upgraded from version 2.8.1 of Ata to the current 3.7.13 and the new version seems to be looking in the wrong place for my favicon. I tried the ladybug patch and it didn't fix it--it just made the ladybug go away, which it had been getting. I don't understand what's happening, but I looked at the source for my home page and it said:

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="http://www.webpeoplemedia.com/wp-content/ata-images/faviconD.ico" />

There is no directory called "ata-images" in wp-content, so I don't know if that is significant. Was there supposed to be? Seems like a departure from the norm.

I tried loading the path:

http://webpeoplemedia.com/wp-content...n/faviconD.ico

And it loads just fine, and the icon then shows in the icon area of the browser, so as far as I can tell it's not a problem with my icons.

I tried a browser I never use, and it still would not load, so it doesn't seem to be a cache problem.

Stumped....
Old Jan 3, 2014, 02:34 AM
lehacarpenter

33 posts · Oct 2009
I'm wondering if I was supposed to upload the theme still inside of the atahualpa.3.7.13 directory? I just uploaded it as atahualpa (the one inside the numbered directory).
Old Jan 3, 2014, 02:43 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Read the onscreen doc in the 'image location' option
Old Jan 3, 2014, 02:43 AM
lehacarpenter

33 posts · Oct 2009
Oh, correction: I was previously on version 3.4.3. Oops.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 03:04 AM
lehacarpenter

33 posts · Oct 2009
Okay, but mine is set to the default (atahualpa/images), and my header and other images are all loading fine from there. Only the favicon is getting misdirected to the wp-content/ata-images directory that does not exist. Also, I'm not even sure it is really directed there entirely, because I tried creating a directory with the icon in it in the path it seemed to be looking in, and that did not fix anything either. (I have since deleted that test, because it had no effect.)
Old Jan 3, 2014, 03:05 AM
lehacarpenter

33 posts · Oct 2009
But thank you for the suggestion!
Old Jan 3, 2014, 03:08 AM
lehacarpenter

33 posts · Oct 2009
Okay, that was weird. I switched the relative location to the wp-content folder, saved, and then back again to atahualpa, saved, and that fixed it!