Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Installed Montezuma as first theme - trying to learn mods...bad idea?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Oct 25, 2012, 07:07 PM
claidig

9 posts · Oct 2012
Installed Montezuma as first theme - trying to learn mods...bad idea?

I really like the layout and everything with my new theme but am having a heck of a time trying to get custom things to do what "I think" they should...based on searching for answers on the web and reading tutorials.

Is this theme different enough that I should start with a basic theme that doesn't do Virtual Files while I am learning all of this? Or will it be simpler once I get the Ah Ha moment I have been waiting for?..lol

Right now I want to make a new template that I can use if I want when posting a single post...and I want it to use the Advanced Custom Fields plugin I downloaded so certain posts will show content if and when I tell them too.

Can anyone help out with this and or tell me if I should be learning wordpress backend stuff with this theme or not?

Thank you.