Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Maximizing usefulness of Adrotate plugin

Old Dec 11, 2009, 10:06 AM
c4duser

24 posts · Nov 2009
Lightbulb Maximizing usefulness of Adrotate plugin

Atahualpa is a wonderful theme. In my opinion, it's the best I could find for Wordpress, including premium themes. I've tried the much publicized Thesis theme and had to ask for my money back within a day. I've made a donation to this theme because it's the best and free! This forum is also the best. Congratulations!!!

For those trying to use the adrotate plugin with Atahualpa, here is my suggestion (it works fine on my installation):
  1. Install the 'adrotate', 'sidebar shortcodes', and the 'widget logic' plugins. The 'text widget' you'll use is already installed with Wordpress.
  2. Use the 'text widget' to set up group ads in any or all of the widget locations you've set up using the Atahualpa theme.
  3. Determine on which pages, sections, tags, etc that each specific 'text widget' will appear, using the 'widget logic' box at the bottom of each 'text widget'.
  4. Determine which ad or group of ads will appear in each location you've set up using the shortcode system for adrotate on the 'text widget'.
  5. Further details are provided in the documentation for each of the mentioned widgets. Read up on shortcodes and conditional tags in the Wordpress documentation.

This system makes it easy to target ad placement precisely to specific areas of a page or type of page. For example, you can set up banners to rotate on tag archives that relate to specific tags, or only on the home page, or only on specific page pages, etc.

PS: This works with Atahualpa 3.4.4 and Wordpress 2.8.6