Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

my-category-order plugin order by 'order' not working

Old May 18, 2009, 10:35 AM
darrenk

3 posts · May 2009
Hello.
I want to order the category menu by 'order'. I am using the my-category-order plugin and selecting 'order' for 'Sort Category Menu Bar by' in the theme options. However it sorts by ID. Ordering by name, id or count does work.
I'm using version 3.3.3.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Darren
Old May 19, 2009, 08:50 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Are you sure you're looking at the (horizontal) category menu bar? That theme option controls the category menu bar for Atahualpa, not the WP default category widget

There's also some info on the plugin page about mysql user permissions http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/my-category-order/
Old May 20, 2009, 07:14 AM
darrenk

3 posts · May 2009
Hi Flynn,
It's the horizontal menu bar, not the default WP widget I'm looking at. My MySQL user has all privilages and the additional column has been added to the DB......BUT I now don't think it's an issue with the theme, as the my-category-order widget also doesn't work on the default WP theme (shows order by ID). Maybe a conflict with another plugin?
Anyway, thanks for your response.
Darren
Old Mar 24, 2010, 06:56 AM
gungo

31 posts · Jul 2009
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I had this problem as well and corrected it by deleting another plugin that was causing a conflict. At first I tried to deactivate the guestbook plugin that seemed to be the conflict, but I actually had to delete the files. Once deleted, my category order worked just fine...