Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Comments, trackbacks & pings »

Customizing comments?

Old May 21, 2010, 07:30 PM
christinablue

2 posts · May 2010
So, I'm probably retarded, but I've spent all of the last two hours searching for information on how I can customize the look of the comments of a post. Basically, I want each comment to show up with a white background, and rounded black border, just like I styled my posts and side widget bars to have. Is this possible, or am I missing something?

Also, as of right now, these weird gray lines show up randomly on the page when you view the comments under a post. I would show you, but my site is running locally at the moment.

Any ideas? I appreciate the help! <3
Old May 24, 2010, 05:52 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the URL?
please point to the exact place in the site where you are describing the issue.
Old May 25, 2010, 06:04 PM
RenegadeFerret

3 posts · May 2010
Is this what you are looking for?

Appearance > Atahualpa Theme Options > Style & Configure Comments
Old May 26, 2010, 11:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
nope, try again and re-read my post
Old May 29, 2010, 06:18 PM
christinablue

2 posts · May 2010
Sorry it took me so long to reply! My site is hosted on my computer at the moment, so I'm not able to give you an address because well, there isn't one I'm sorry I wasn't very detailed, I did make that first post in a rush and shouldn't have.

I guess my first question was, what file do I need to edit in order to create a different look to the comments. As of right now, they are the standard style where comments are separated by lines, and while through the Atahualpa options I can make color, text and border color changes...I'm wanting to style them like other parts of my site. (I hope I am making sense, if not I could upload some screen shots and show you what I mean?) I know the CSS to do this, but I honestly am not very familiar with php and wordpress so I'm having difficulties with figuring out what to change and where. I believe I have the latest versions of both as I downloaded them three weeks ago.

As with the gray lines, again, I could probably just upload a screen shot...but I don't know if that would help anyone determine the problem. If not, I guess I could just try to figure it out some more.

Thank you! <3