Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Header shows in Safari but not in IE7

Old Sep 24, 2009, 11:36 AM
AbbyDon

10 posts · Sep 2009
I'm unable to view the header image in IE7 (www.becomingaprayingcongregation.com) but I can view it in Firefox. Are there existing issues or is there something I need to correct.

Here's what the CSS looks like:
<?php
function bfa_rotating_header_images() {

if (file_exists(ABSPATH."/wpmu-settings.php")) {

################### images in WP upload folder (on WPMU)

$files = m_find_in_dir(url('/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/weblabryinthheaderghosted.jpg'),
'atahualpa_header_[0-9]+\.(jpe?g|png|gif|bmp)$');

if ($files) {
foreach($files as $value) {
$bfa_header_images[] = "'" . str_replace(url('/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/weblabryinthheaderghosted.jpg'),
url('/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/header/weblabryinthheaderghosted.jpg'), $value) . "'";
}
}

}

# If no user uploaded header image files were found in WPMU, or this is not WPMU:

if (!file_exists(ABSPATH."/wpmu-settings.php") OR !$files ) {

################### images in /images/header/ (on regular WordPress)

$files = "";
$imgpath = TEMPLATEPATH . '/images/header/';
$imgdir = get_bloginfo('template_directory') . '/images/header/';
$dh = opendir($imgpath);

while (FALSE !== ($filename = readdir($dh))) {
if(eregi('.jpg', $filename) || eregi('.gif', $filename) || eregi('.png', $filename)) {
$files[] = $filename;
}
}
closedir($dh);

foreach($files as $value) {
$bfa_header_images[] = '\'' . $imgdir . $value . '\'';
}

}

return $bfa_header_images;
}
?>
Old Sep 24, 2009, 05:55 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa, WP and PHP?
Where did you place this code?
Old Sep 25, 2009, 05:56 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The actual doesn't display in IE http://www.becomingaprayingcongregat...derghosted.jpg

This indicates that something is wrong with the image itself. Perhaps it was created as another file format and then just renamed to .jpg?
Old Sep 25, 2009, 07:33 AM
AbbyDon

10 posts · Sep 2009
Juggledad, I have the 3.4.1 version of Atahualpa and WP 2.8.4. The code was placed in the bfa_rotating_header_images
Old Sep 25, 2009, 07:34 AM
AbbyDon

10 posts · Sep 2009
Hi Flynn, the image was sent to me as a jpeg. It could be possible that the original image was a tif file. What would I need to do to correct that?
Old Sep 25, 2009, 07:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Why not upgrade to 3.4.2 where the rotating header code is already in the code?
Old Sep 25, 2009, 07:39 AM
AbbyDon

10 posts · Sep 2009
I don't understand. Wouldn't I still have to put the file location in the code?
Old Sep 25, 2009, 07:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
In addition, try shortening the name of the image
Old Sep 25, 2009, 07:56 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It's definately a problem with the images. I just poped it into an image editor and changed some settings and resaved it and it shows up. This is NOT a normal jpg

Re the upgrade to 3.4.2 - no in 3.4.2 the code looks at the images/header folder and gets the names of all files in it to display in the rotating header.
Old Sep 25, 2009, 08:10 AM
AbbyDon

10 posts · Sep 2009
Thanks. I'll check with the designer who sent it to me.