Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

IE7 Header issue

Old Apr 6, 2011, 02:49 PM
sawyerjw

24 posts · Dec 2010
Eastern PA, USA
IE7 Header issue

I just created a site using Atahualpa 3.6.4 which has a header widget area defined in the upper right corner of the header. The header configuration looks like this:

<widget area creation code>
%image %pages

So, it's basically just a banner, menu and widget area containing two text widgets. This renders fine in IE8 and Firefox, but gives IE7 heartburn.

The header widget area is floated right and positioned relative to the header container. IE7 honors the widget positioning and pushes the banner to the left by the width of the widget area. This causes the site banner to be shifted to where only half of the graphic can be seen.

I was able to get the banner to display completely by adding a width: 100% attribute to the CSS, but this causes IE7 to shove the banner down so it's no longer lined up with the header widget area. If you go to the site, you'll see what I mean:

http://storage-brain.com

View it in Firefox or IE8, then check out IE7 to see what it does. I'm not the world's foremost CSS expert. I've tried what I can think of to try and this is the best I've been able to get it to look in IE7. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Btw, the site is running WP 3.1 at the moment.

Thanks,

John
Old Apr 6, 2011, 03:23 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what do you have the setting 'ato->Style & configure LAYOUT->Emulate IE7' set to?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 08:57 PM
sawyerjw

24 posts · Dec 2010
Eastern PA, USA
Sorry, I should have mentioned that I tried throwing the IE7 switch to "Yes" and it didn't help. Currently, it's set to "No". Do I have to do more than switch it to "Yes", save and refresh the page?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 05:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
looks exactly the same to me in Safari, Firefox and at 'http://browsershots.org' in IE7

In IE7, is your ZOOM set to normal?
Old Apr 7, 2011, 07:48 AM
sawyerjw

24 posts · Dec 2010
Eastern PA, USA
Please look at the screenshots in Browsershots.org again, or if you have IE8 use the developer tools (F12) and switch to IE7 mode. The screenshot from MSIE7 displays the problem. Firefox and most other browsers display the site correctly. The social media buttons on the right of the header should be horizontally aligned with the logo on the left side of the header. In IE7, if you draw a horizontal line from the left to the right just above the logo, the search box is on or above that line.

Zoom in IE7 is set to its default value, 100%.

Thanks,

John
Old Apr 7, 2011, 04:43 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Just to throw my two cents in. Even Microsoft is saying IE7 is past end of life. To me it doesn't make much sense to spend a lot of time to make a site work with it?