Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Adding ShareThis Code to Post Footer

Old May 22, 2009, 02:13 AM
clearlygold

6 posts · Apr 2009
Hi

I'm trying to add ShareThis javascript code to my post's footer on the single pages only.

I've tried inputing it into the "FOOTER: Single Post Pages" box on the "Post Page and Info Items" screen.

I had it working once, but for some reason it doesn't work anymore. The script just doesn't load.

The Wordpress plugin works, but I don't like having the button on the main page.

Can anyone help?

Here's the code I'm trying to insert:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://w.sharethis.com/button/sharethis.js#publisher=b8cc72b6-e7ea-43c5-9bcd-8fb83264a494&amp;type=website&amp;buttonText=Shari ng%20is%20Good!&amp;style=rotate&amp;post_services =facebook%2Cdigg%2Cmyspace%2Ctwitter%2Cybuzz%2Cdel icious%2Cstumbleupon%2Creddit%2Ctechnorati%2Cmixx% 2Cblogger%2Cwordpress%2Ctypepad%2Cgoogle_bmarks%2C windows_live%2Cfark%2Cbus_exchange%2Cpropeller%2Cn ewsvine%2Clinkedin"></script>.

Thank you!
Old May 22, 2009, 09:52 AM
bcorrigan

85 posts · Feb 2009
I think you want to put that code into the ShareThis options box in ShareThis settings.

Then use Flynn's short code, %sharethis% in page/post info items for single pages and maybe multiple post pages. If you don't put it in the section for the home page, it shouldn't show up there.

Works like a charm for me.

-Bill
Old May 22, 2009, 07:51 PM
clearlygold

6 posts · Apr 2009
Thanks for the reply.

For me, that only adds the text "%sharethis% to my footer.
Old Jun 2, 2009, 06:26 PM
thiscatcancook

2 posts · Mar 2009
Send a message via AIM to thiscatcancook Send a message via Yahoo to thiscatcancook Send a message via Skype™ to thiscatcancook
I'm using "Add to any" widget and it has a config option for which pages will display the button.
Old Jun 4, 2009, 09:54 AM
bcorrigan

85 posts · Feb 2009
Code:
For me, that only adds the text "%sharethis% to my footer.
did you put this in Atahualpa them options -> Post/Page Info Items -> FOOTER: Single Post Pages or your place of choice?

It does not go in the HTML Insert section...

-Bill