Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Weird box showing up in all posts.

Old May 3, 2011, 05:05 PM
gr870sfunk

110 posts · Mar 2011
Montgomery, AL
www.alhousedems.com

First off, please click on the link to see what I'm talking about. Its kinda hard to describe what it is exactly.

I have scoured over the atahualpa options, but no no avail. I know its got to be some errant style somewhere, but damned if I can find it. I am using several plugins, but the only one I can think that might be interfering is "Custom Post Background". Another girl here and I were looking over it and think that maybe the image is somehow getting populated in the page background and the actual post, but I have removed all the redundancy of the image URL I could find. I've even looked at the source, thinking I'd missed something there.

I just can't seem to get that box to go away. I would even be happy with it just being there, but being my background color(#25537a). I just don't know where the little guy is living in my code.

Please help! It's driving me insane! Thank you in advance!
Old May 3, 2011, 05:51 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The main issue I see is you have width set for the post and the post footer which is throwing the alignment off.
Old May 4, 2011, 03:57 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Looking at your site, it looks like you have copied a LOT of CSS from somewhere else and added it to the CSS Inserts. Part of that CSS is causing the issue. Remove the entire

/*START CONTENT ========================= */

thru

/*END CONTENT =========================== */

section and you will see the issue is gone. I'll leave it to you to determine the exact line that causes the issue.

I don't recommend adding in this much CSS if it is just copied from another site. You should use the theme options to do what you want. What you have is going to be a nightmare to change in the future.
Old May 4, 2011, 08:00 AM
gr870sfunk

110 posts · Mar 2011
Montgomery, AL
I didn't copy any of the css except the menu. I wrote it all. This is only the second site i've built using WP and i'm having a hard time letting go of "doing it myself" so to speak.

I've removed the width on the post and footer as suggested by lmilesw to no avail. Next i'm going to clean up the CSS and get rid of redundant stuff. I'll let ya'll know the outcome. Thanks for the help so far!

UPDATE-------------
I've fixed the problem! After removing some of the CSS, I noticed that the body content was inside the colored box perfectly, which led me to realize it was, in fact, the post background. So I added "background:transparent;" to the post container options and voila! It went away!

Thanks again for the help!!

Last edited by gr870sfunk; May 4, 2011 at 08:15 AM.