Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

Feedburner Feedsmith email subscription not working

Old Feb 15, 2011, 02:11 PM
ecoughlin

13 posts · Nov 2010
Florida
I've set up Feedburner for my email subscription but it keeps telling me that it's not.

set up feed at feedburner - check
feedburner email settings activated on publicize tab - check
feedburner feedsmith plugin installed and activated - check
feedburner code installed on any web page (according to feedburner publicize instructions) - check
entered new feedburner ID into space provided on ATO RSS settings page - check
saved new settings - check

What have I missed? When I click on email feed icon on home page, it still says that email subscription is not set up. I've saved and refreshed. Wordpress latest version is updated.

Please help.

Thanks,
Eunice
Old Feb 15, 2011, 02:26 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What do you have in the Feedburner ID box? It should just have the ID and not the whole URL.
What do you mean by "feedburner code installed on any web page (according to feedburner publicize instructions) - check"
I don't recall putting anything in a "web page" when setting up Feedburner.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 03:32 PM
ecoughlin

13 posts · Nov 2010
Florida
Here's the code...I've highlighted the part that I entered into the ATO box: http://feedburner.google.com/fb/a/mailverify?uri=QuickbooksGoddess&loc=en_US"

I also entered the feed into the Feedburner options under settings. This is what I entered there:
http://feeds.feedburner.com/QuickbooksGoddess

I see now that you can include a subscription form on your site and this is what you do when you enter it on a web page but it's not required. So no worries about that, I'll just delete that page. FYI...
On the RSS settings page, it says this:
Log in your Feedburner account, click "My Feeds" -> "[Title of the feed/site in question]" -> "Publicize" -> "Email Subscriptions". (If you have not activated the Email subscription yet do it now and proceed with the next step afterwards). Now check out the two textareas.

Then, on the Publicize tab/subscription management of the Google Feedburner page, it says this:

Copy and paste the following code into any web page. Your subscription form will be automatically inserted each time the page is loaded. From there, readers can subscribe to receive daily email with your newest content.

I had to manually upload the Feedburner Feedsmith plug-in and my ftp (Filezilla) says I can't close it b/c it hasn't finished uploading all the files? Could that be the problem? I've checked and double-checked and as far as I can see, everything is uploaded. The plugin has been activated.

thanks for your help,

Eunice
Old Feb 15, 2011, 08:35 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could try deleting the Feedsmith plugin and reuploading.