Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Recent Comments widget: possible bug in linking of new comments

Old Jan 5, 2010, 02:15 AM
Jozefs

26 posts · Jul 2009
Belgium
In the bfa recent comments widget the comments links sometimes give the wrong links. E.g. when the first new comment is on page 4 of the comments for that particular article, the link is (for example)

HTML Code:
[url]http://www.diskidee.be/2009/12/29/aldi-internetradio-bezint-eer-je-begint/9789/comment-page-4/#comment-33682[/url]
That is a correct link. However when one of the other new comments is on another page or the first page of that particular article, the link still points tot page-4. The comment number is correct, the pagenumber not, resulting in a faulty link, e.g.

HTML Code:
[url]http://www.diskidee.be/2009/01/16/voor-grote-scanopdrachten/8691/comment-page-4/#comment-33676[/url]
This article has only one page of comments, therefore the correct link would be:

HTML Code:
[url]http://www.diskidee.be/2009/01/16/voor-grote-scanopdrachten/8691/comment-page-1/#comment-33676[/url]
So, the page number of the first new comment page is retained in all subsequent new comment links.

This also happens when I use the standard wordpress new comments widget. So it seems either to be a problem in WP (I'm using 2.9) or maybe in Greg's Threaded Comment Numbering plug-in which I also use. Or is it a problem in Atahualpa? Or is there an error in my configuration of the theme?

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

Last edited by Jozefs; Jan 6, 2010 at 01:24 AM.
Old Jan 5, 2010, 03:20 AM
Jozefs

26 posts · Jul 2009
Belgium
Upgrading to wp 2.9.1 seems to solve this problem.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 01:23 AM
Jozefs

26 posts · Jul 2009
Belgium
Hmm... it seems WP 2.9.1 didn't solve this problem, only slightly changed the behaviour. All links in de recent comments wiget area (Atahaualpa or plain vanilla WP) take the comment page number from the first linkend comment and are therefore wrong IF the widget is displayed on another page than the homepage; the comment numbers themselves do match. You can see this for yourselve at the side bar on my site www.diskidee.nl. (If you navigate to the home page the comment page number do match; but they don't match on the comment pages themselves). Anyone got any ideas how to solve this problem or what is causing it? Another WP bug? Or something in the code of the theme?

Last edited by Jozefs; Jan 6, 2010 at 01:27 AM.
Old Jan 6, 2010, 10:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
if this is happening with the default theme, then it is a plugin/wp issue. have you checked in with the plugin's author?