Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

How to add a Google Adsense banner after my logo and blog title?

Old Sep 15, 2009, 01:09 AM
zomfg

2 posts · Sep 2009
I have read many posts asking how to add additional image in the header area. However, is there a way of adding an image after the logo and title (on the same line)? My problem is... the logo and title is on the left hand of the header area and search box on the right. There's a big gap in the middle. I just want to add Google Adsense banner in there so it doesnt look so empty.

Thanks in advanced!
Old Sep 15, 2009, 05:15 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
in 3.4.2 you can use the new widget areas and define a widget in the header - add a text widget and put your code there.

HOWEVER...there seems to be a bug withthe new widget code, don't use it in more than one place and make sure to define the number you want (the default says 1 but it actually defaults to 3 areas.)
Old Sep 16, 2009, 01:05 AM
zomfg

2 posts · Sep 2009
Thanks a lot. However, I still failed to put the banner up...

Can you give me a little bit more detailed instructions on this?
Old Sep 23, 2009, 02:46 AM
jdj

4 posts · Sep 2009
I'm having the same problem. I can add a widget to the header by using the php code you describe on the "add new widget" page of the admin panel, but my efforts to position the widget on the right of the logo area on the same line (in the same table) with the logo and blog title have failed.

Thanks for any assistance you can provide!
Old Sep 25, 2009, 04:06 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The logo area logo% spans the whole layout width. Don't use %logo and create your own logo area with HTML and/or PHP instead, i.e.

%pages
<table><tr>
<td><h1 class="blogtitle">My Site</h1></td>
<td><?php bfa_widget_area('my widget area'); ?></td>
</tr></table>
%bar1 %image %bar2