Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

How to place a widget between posts on the home page

Old Oct 12, 2011, 09:54 AM
sober

121 posts · Oct 2010
before using Atahualpa, I used a theme called themeshaper or themeframe (don't remember exactly) which had this option to place a widget after a said number of posts in the home page. Is that possible for Atahualpa. Would like to see if anyone can help me out on this. My site is this
Old Oct 12, 2011, 01:55 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
you need to add a counter and widget area in index.php in the loop, so before the loop you say
HTML Code:
$my_counter=1;
in the loop you add
HTML Code:
if counter = 5 {
   $my_counter = 0;
   new widget code goes here...
}
$my_counter = $my_counter + 1;
then add what you want in the widget area of the theme. With this, the widget area will only show after the 5th post