Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Pagination link on home page ("Older Entries") is broken

Old Sep 11, 2010, 08:20 PM
aking10

3 posts · Sep 2010
We're using Ata 3.5.1 on Wordpress 2.9.0. At the bottom of the posts on the home page of the website (www.maplegroveunitedchurch.org) the Older Entries link is broken.

This is what the href says: "http://www.maplegroveunitedchurch.org/index.php/Index.php/page/2" -- note that second "Index.php", with its odd uppercase I. Where is that coming from?

Needless to say, all we get when we click on this is a "cannot be found" error message.

Any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated!!
Old Sep 12, 2010, 07:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What happens if you switch to the default permalinks?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 08:32 AM
aking10

3 posts · Sep 2010
Well, the default permalink structure (?p=123) allows the pagination to work. But I have two issues with that: First, the "pretty" permalink structure works fine on all other navigation on the site -- posts, pages, etc. and therefore I think the pagination link ought to be fixable as a "prettified" link to work as well. And second, the default permalinks are not SEO friendly, which is why we went to the non-default structure, and seem to have good results with everything but the pagination from the home page.

We are hosted on an IIS platform, which I know makes this problematic, but I can't help but feeling there should be a way to fix the insertion of that second "Index.php" in code. I can handle coding PHP, I just need to know where to look inside the ATA files for the code to revise.
Old Sep 13, 2010, 01:45 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What is your custom permalink?
Old Sep 13, 2010, 01:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Atahualpa is just calling the wordpress function next_posts_link() which...
Quote:
Prints a link to the next set of posts within the current query.
so atahualpa doesn't do anything to the link, it is all wordpress and the htaccess file and the rewrite rules.

you may want to take a look at http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Per...ut_mod_rewrite
Old Sep 13, 2010, 02:14 PM
aking10

3 posts · Sep 2010
The custom permalink was:
/index.php/%year%/%monthnum%/%day%/%postname%/
and then we changed it to:
/index.php/%postname% to see if that would help (didn't).

Which is not the way the way the pagination link is output to the browser anyway, which is "(domainname)/index.php/Index.php/page/2". Two "index.php"s in a row, and the second one given an uppercase I for some reason. Weird.

So it looks from the link you suggested for me to check out is that I am going to have get my webhost to install an IIS module for allowing pretty permalinks.

I will try that. Thanks for the replies so far.

Last edited by aking10; Sep 13, 2010 at 02:19 PM.