Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Limiting menu background to menu items

Old Dec 11, 2010, 10:04 AM
Farinet

24 posts · Dec 2010
Genève, Switzerland
[SOLVED] Limiting menu background to menu items

Hello,

When using the centered menus, %page-center and %cat-center, the menu background is limited to the menu items, and doesn't extend beyond them (I am not using the background image for infinite extension on the left and right of menus by the way).

I would like to get the same behaviour with a %cat-right menu. In other words I would like that the cat menu background color doesn't appear on the far left of the right-aligned menu if menu options don't fill the whole page width.

Is it possible? Any input appreciated.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 02:48 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Could you supply a link to your site. This is a CSS thing and we would be guessing without seeing the site. What it comes down to though is finding the proper selector and setting the background to transparent or a color to match the background.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 04:52 PM
Farinet

24 posts · Dec 2010
Genève, Switzerland
You can see it now at http://tcpc.ch/nouveau/
The idea would be to have the dark gray bar stop at "Manifestations" (going left), i.e. no gray background on the far left.
Old Dec 11, 2010, 08:26 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
With your current setup the following seems to work.
HTML Code:
#rmenu-cat {
    background: #fff !important;
}
Old Dec 27, 2010, 05:56 AM
Farinet

24 posts · Dec 2010
Genève, Switzerland
Thank you.