Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

[SOLVED] Change Footer Padding

Old Jan 26, 2012, 12:52 PM
dutchess

18 posts · Jan 2011
[SOLVED] Change Footer Padding

Hi, I am on Wordpress 3.3.1
Atahualpa 3.7.3

I am trying to figure out how to change the padding between the footer and the edge of the container.

The layout container style has a 20px padding around it by default (top/bottom and left/right), and it causes the footer (and it's associated border, background color, etc) to be floating 20px from the right, left, and bottom of the container.

Is there any way to make the footer expand down and to the sides so that it reaches the edge of the layout container?

I've tried to change the margin and padding of the 'footer style' but to no avail I'm not sure if that is because I wasn't coding it correctly or whether I was using the wrong code...

Help please?
Old Jan 26, 2012, 02:01 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
take a look at your style settings at 'Layout Container Style'
Old Jan 26, 2012, 02:32 PM
dutchess

18 posts · Jan 2011
Hi JuggleDad, I have looked through that section already..

the best I could do is get rid of the 'padding: 20px' and "layout container left/right" = 20px
- but unfortunately that is a global change that gets rid of the padding for the rest of the container (i.e. for the body of every page of the website).

when I change the padding of the layout container style to 0 and the layout container padding left/right to 0, i get what I want for the footer, but the rest of the website looks bad because there is no padding left/right between the text and the border.

Is there a way to specifically target the padding of the footer itself? I would like the padding to be negative so that it will actually protrude past the container padding and up against the container border itself.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 03:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Time for a CSS lesson. You need to go to http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/pr_padding.asp and see how it works.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 05:56 PM
kangcarew

14 posts · Dec 2011
Dutchess, i'm not 100% sure what you are trying to achieve, but if you need to remove the margin between the footer and the "wrapper" I would add
HTML Code:
#wrapper {
    margin-bottom: 20px;
}
to the css. However each time I suggest adding to the css, juggledad educates me on how it can be achieved an easier way. lol. I hope this helps with what you are trying to solve.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 06:28 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
well kangcarew, since you mostly gave away the answer. She is trying to get rid of the padding and currently has
HTML Code:
margin: 20px
which is short hand for
HTML Code:
margin: 20px 20px 20px 20px
which is short hand for
HTML Code:
margin-top: 20px;
margin-right: 20px;
margin-bottom: 20px;
margin-left: 20px;
so you could code a