Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Search box has no button

Old Feb 10, 2009, 03:26 PM
soonguy

4 posts · Feb 2009
Hi

Am very new to Wordpress and Atahualpa - ie today. It's great.

I installed Atahualpa and note that by default (without installing widgets) it gives me a 'posts' and 'comments' feed at the top right corner, and underneath that, a search form. But there is no button for the text box, and I can find no way of adding the text for a button anywhere. The source code indicates the button is a text button, but with no text in in.

Alternatively I could edit the actual file itself, if I only knew which one it was.

Thanks for any ideas

Tony
Old Feb 10, 2009, 03:38 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
That search form works by pressing enter. You can add a default text into that form at A. Theme Options -> Header -> Show search box? / Text in header search box

There's another search form available that you can put into one of the sidebars at Site Admin -> Widgets -> Search
Old Feb 10, 2009, 04:04 PM
soonguy

4 posts · Feb 2009
Great, thanks so much

Tony