Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Using WP Twitip ID Plugin

Old Mar 11, 2009, 09:51 AM
StudioGal

181 posts · Feb 2009
Palm Beach Gardens FL
Hi Flynn, I'd like to integrate the WP Twitip ID Plugin with my comments but I don't know where to add the code in the comments.php file.

The plugin instructions say

Put this in your comments.php file where you want to output the link

"image" : outputs image pointed to by image url field (uses anchor text as title attribute)
"text" : outputs text link using anchor text
"return": returns twitter id as variable to be used in php
"auto" : returns Twitter: @commentluv (linked username in a span with class="twitter_id")
example: <?php if(function_exists(wp_twitip_id_show)) { wp_twitip_id_show("auto"); }?>

returns:
Twitter: @CommentLuv
For styling use .twitter_id { font-size: 10px; }

So I presume I copy the "example" line above [ <?php if(function_exists(wp_twitip_id_show)) { wp_twitip_id_show("auto"); }?> ] and put it in the comments.php file.

Would you please point me to the best place to put the code? And do you have any further advice on using the plugin?

Many thanks!!
Old Mar 14, 2009, 10:58 AM
StudioGal

181 posts · Feb 2009
Palm Beach Gardens FL
Anybody able to help on this! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 17, 2009, 03:37 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Put it somewhere after

HTML Code:
<div class="comment-meta commentmetadata">
in functions/bfa_comment_walker.php
Old Mar 18, 2009, 10:55 AM
StudioGal

181 posts · Feb 2009
Palm Beach Gardens FL
Thanks for this, will give it a go. I'm aware that I have to ftp the file to edit.

One of these days I must learn a little more about php programming so I can understand what's going on in these files!!

Cheers and thanks very much for your time and help. You do a fantastic job and I'm sure you don't always feel appreciated.