Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Child Page Menu items appear all same colour

Old Aug 14, 2009, 11:52 AM
aebrigham

35 posts · Aug 2009
I am stuggling with the colours on the Menu bar. I have attached a sample of how I want the menu bar to appear when hovering.

Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.JPG
Views:	1521
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	223

But when you hover over a menu item that is your parent, you get a different result.

Name:	untitled2.JPG
Views:	1457
Size:	12.2 KB
ID:	224

How do I make it so the Green appears only when hovering, instead of the entire list of child pages?

Thanks...
Old Aug 15, 2009, 05:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa are you on?
At ATO->Page Menu Bar
If you set 'Background color' to a GRAY color
'Background color: Hover' to a GREEN color
and 'Background color: Parent' to a BLACK color
this should do what you want
Old Aug 16, 2009, 06:38 PM
aebrigham

35 posts · Aug 2009

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1497
Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	227

As you can see, I have specified what you implied above. It is doing exactly what I want, accept for when you are in one of the child pages. The parent menu item and subsequent child menu items show of different.
Old Aug 17, 2009, 09:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I'm not sure what your question is, could you restate it?
Old Aug 20, 2009, 09:06 AM
aebrigham

35 posts · Aug 2009
Normally, when you are hovering over a menu items the item that you are on is a dark green, if you hover over a child-page of that menu item, the parent-menu item turns black and so on... If the menu item has 5 children, the and you hover down to item 5, the menu item would black, the 4 other children would be grey and the last would be green.

The problem I am having is, if you select the parent menu item. All childrens become green, instead of having the hovered green and the rest grey.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 09:22 AM
aebrigham

35 posts · Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
I'm not sure what your question is, could you restate it?
goto www.jessandandy.com and click on "Guest Info" menu item. Than hover over it again and you will see what I am talking about.

You will notice this website http://jerzzy.co.uk/ works slight different if you select "Active Holidays in Jersey"

Last edited by aebrigham; Aug 20, 2009 at 09:36 AM.
Old Aug 20, 2009, 09:42 AM
aebrigham

35 posts · Aug 2009
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; MS-RTC LM 8; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Timestamp: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 15:46:14 UTC

Line: 5
Char: 1913
Code: 0
URI: http://jessandandy.com/wp-includes/j...ect.js?ver=2.1

I wonder if this has something to do with it. How do I fix this?
Old Aug 20, 2009, 09:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
that sounds like a javascript error. Try deactivating all your plugins and see if it works
Old Aug 20, 2009, 04:26 PM
aebrigham

35 posts · Aug 2009
Quote:
that sounds like a javascript error. Try deactivating all your plugins and see if it works
unfortunately this was not the error, after searching on google, this was realted to a MP3 Plugin that I had installed that I have subsequently removed. So I am still stuck with this problem.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 05:55 AM
AnneTanne

40 posts · Jan 2009
Belgium
Quote:
Originally Posted by aebrigham
So I am still stuck with this problem.
When I look to the page you pointed to, I see exactly the behaviour you wanted:
Hovering over a child-item changes only the color of that child to green, the rest is grey and the parent is black.
Does this mean you found a solution, or could it be that your problem is somewhere browser-related?

I'm now working on a Windows machine with IE 8, and don't see the problem.
Yesterday, while I was on my own Linux-laptop with FF 2.5, I did see the problem you described. (But on my site, the color of the page-menu is behaving like it should, also on my laptop.)
Old Aug 21, 2009, 08:36 AM
aebrigham

35 posts · Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneTanne
Hovering over a child-item changes only the color of that child to green, the rest is grey and the parent is black.
Does this mean you found a solution, or could it be that your problem is somewhere browser-related?

Yesterday, while I was on my own Linux-laptop with FF 2.5, I did see the problem you described. (But on my site, the color of the page-menu is behaving like it should, also on my laptop.)
Hi AnneTanne,

I only get the behaviour I want when hovering. If I actually select/click for ex. "Guest Info", the behaviour goes away and all child items become green without any hover effects. I am using IE8 on two computers and I get the same behaviour.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 08:38 AM
aebrigham

35 posts · Aug 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneTanne

The thing that is different on your website is, you don't allow Parent Menu-Item clicks. I forget what that option is in the config. I on the other hand can click on Parent Items.
Old Aug 21, 2009, 10:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
see if the info in this post will help http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2372
Old Aug 21, 2009, 02:42 PM
aebrigham

35 posts · Aug 2009
Quote:
see if the info in this post will help http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2372
Thank-you so much, this link did send me down the right path. It wasn't my end result solution... See below how I as able to achieve my desired result.

Code:
/* For HOVER */
ul.rMenu-hor li.current_page_item ul li a:link,
ul.rMenu-hor li.current_page_item ul li a:visited,
ul.rMenu-hor li.current_page_item ul li a:active {
background: #777777 !important;
color: #FFFFFF !important;
},
ul.rMenu-hor li.current_page_item ul li a:hover {
background: #618300 !important;
color: #FFFFFF !important;
}