Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Cannot seem to change "Blog Title" size

Old Nov 4, 2009, 05:54 PM
billrjz

5 posts · Nov 2009
Hi,

Maybe I'm missing the simplest thing, but I cannot get the blog title (in the header) to change size. I am trying to do this under "Atahualpa Theme Options/Header Area/Style and edit HEADER AREA/Blog Title, and inserting "margin: 0; padding: 0; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 20px;". I am looking to adjust the size and font to my liking. But nothing changes from the default.

Anyone have advice?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 05:11 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the url?

Do you have 'Show blog Title?' set to Yes?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 07:00 AM
billrjz

5 posts · Nov 2009
The Atahualpa version is 3.4.4 and I am using WP version 2.7.1. My URL is http://www.robertzackon.com. I
want to make the Blog Title smaller.

Thanks!!
Old Nov 5, 2009, 07:16 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
First of all, update to Wordpress 2.8.5 right this minute! When I was on 2.7.1 I got hacked, and there is plenty of info at wordpress.org about upgrading and hardening your site against hackers.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 08:15 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
recheck the entire set of options you have at ATO->Style and edit HEADER AREA->Blog Title because I'm seeing this in the generated code:
HTML Code:
display:block;
margin:0;
padding:0;
font-family:arial,sans-serif;
font-size:5px;
letter-spacing:-1px;
line-height:1.0em;
font-family:tahoma,arial,sans-serif;
font-size:240%;
font-smooth:always
notice you have 2 'font-size statements, the second overrides the first
Old Nov 5, 2009, 02:16 PM
billrjz

5 posts · Nov 2009
Thanks for the tip to upgrade WP. I will take care of that. I guess I am having a little bit of trouble figuring out the settings to make this work. Pardon me if my questions seem "amateur", but I am trying to understand exactly how configuring each customization affects the generated code. As for my settings under "Atahualpa Theme Options/Header Area/Style and edit HEADER AREA/Blog Title", I put:

margin: 0; padding: 0; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 5px; in the white text box. The generated code was:

display:block;
margin:0;
font-family:arial,sans-serif;
font-size:5px;
letter-spacing:-1px;
line-height:1.0em;
font-family:tahoma,arial,sans-serif;
font-size:240%;
font-smooth:always

So obviously, the code I inserted is mixing with other code, which is generating two "font-size" attributes. I reset the settings and inserted only the following:

margin: 0; font-size: 6px;

After saving, the Blog Title size did not not change. I do not want to change the font to 6px permanently but rather I am trying to figure out how to change the "Blog Title" font size, view the results and adjust to my eye. Seeing that it was mixing with with attributes from some where else, does anyone know where else I can make changes to completely control the font size? Also, when I reset the page settings, I notice that the in the "Blog Title" resets to "margin:0;" in the white box. Under this box is text displaying:

"Default: margin: 0; padding: 0; letter-spacing: -1px; line-height: 1.0em; font-family: tahoma, arial, sans-serif; font-size: 240%;".

But in the white box, "margin: 0;" is the only attribute displayed. This is where my confusion is, as after a reset, the entire default attributes do not display in the box, only the "margin:0;". It seems to not work as logically as the design intention was or I am missing something. If I back out everything in the white form field and insert my customized attributes (like above), do the defaults still get written? Can this be where the problem is?

Anyone have any ideas?
Old Nov 5, 2009, 02:25 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I think if you put your cursor on that option and do a shift drag, you may discover some options that arn't showing in your windor. try resizint the option box (there should be a resize in the botton right of the box)

the {html}margin: 0;
padding: 0;
letter-spacing: -1px;
line-height: 1.0em;
font-family: tahoma, arial, sans-serif;
font-size: 240%;[/html]
are teh default options fro that box, so it looks like you added yours before them.

Last edited by juggledad; Nov 5, 2009 at 02:29 PM.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 03:05 PM
billrjz

5 posts · Nov 2009
Hi,

Thanks for the advice, I tried again to clear the contents but to no avail. But I have been using Firefox and I went to the site in IE, made the changes and voila, it worked. Are there any known issues with Firefox? My feeling is that I either need to upgrade my WP or perhaps I have a Firefox addon which is interfering with the field. By the way, does anyone know of a tool which would allow me to view online, a detailed breakdown of all the attributes of my site, allowing me to see all coding including the attributes of each div? Viewing page source does not display the intimate details to see everything.

I will upgrade my WP and see if it makes a difference and report the results here.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 02:08 PM
billrjz

5 posts · Nov 2009
It seems that Firefox can sometimes be fickle, if anyone has any issues trying to edit the Atahualpa theme and any of the edit boxes do not display properly, here is a solution. Given the numerous amounts of addons available for Firefox, there is a possibility that they can alter the about:config settings, causing weird things to happen. Simply create a new Firefox profile and use it without adding any addons. All should display properly. This is much easier than trying to figure out which addon can be causing a problem.