Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

different background color for each tab in main navigation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:09 PM
keighdesign

3 posts · Dec 2011
Colors different background color for each tab in main navigation

I would like to create a color coded navigation bar (main horizontal nav) that uses a different background color for each top level page and have that color inherited by drop down sub-navs.

For example "About Us" would have an orange background. Mission/vision, etc that might be under the About Us menu would also have an orange background.

The next tab/page might be Services - with a green background and all sub-nav pages under services would also be green.

Testimonials (as a third tab) might have a blue background (and any sub level pages would inherit blue background).

Hope this makes sense!

I'm sure this can be done...just not sure how.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!