Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Different menu title than page title?

Old Jan 18, 2010, 03:32 PM
brianlees

16 posts · Aug 2009
I'm trying to figure out how to get a page to display an alternate title for the menu entry rather than the entire title of the page. I'm guessing it's a custom attribute, but I can't figure out which one.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 07:22 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can do that with Atahualpa Page Options or Atahualpa Post Options on individual pages or posts.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 01:09 PM
brianlees

16 posts · Aug 2009
I see the options listed, but I'm not sure which one to change. Two of them are "body" titles and the other ones are meta. The body ones are obviously what displays in the body text, so I don't want to modify them since I want the title of the page to show there. I tried the meta title, but that didn't change it. So, what do I use?
Old Jan 19, 2010, 01:52 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
What you type in the top of the Page or Post edit page will show up in the menu. What you type under the edit editor field in the ATA settings area will show up as the title on single page/post pages or multiple page/post pages depending on which field you enter the text into. So for instance if the title of the page is "New Blue Cars" and all you want to show is "Blue Cars" you would type "New Blue Cars" at the top and "Blue Cars" below in either one or both of the fields. The best way to find out how these work is to play around with them though so you have a working knowledge.