Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Loading problem on IE

Old Jul 8, 2011, 02:39 AM
mytravelnews

2 posts · Jun 2011
UK
Hi all,

this my first post, I can't see a forum here to say 'Hi', so this will be it!

Um...

'Hi'

...my name is Pete and I'm an... sorry, um wrong forum...

I am new(ish) to Wordpress, new to the Atahualpa theme. After running twenty-ten for a few months, I felt it didn't give me enough flexibility for my site, so I searched... and searched... and finally found a few sites that were using Atahualpa, and thought I'd like a bit of that!

The flexibility of this theme is astounding, with so many options available, but as a 'non coder' it has caused me to wonder if I have done the right thing. Brain tells me yes, computer says no!

For ease, my site is here

I run a Power Mac, using Firefox 5.0 and Safari 5.05 to browse, and don't have any loading problems. Wordpress is 3.2 version, not sure if this loading problem exisited before the upgrade or not...

However, I have been declined one of my Affiliate requests, because of a screen error when loading... no problem on Safari or FF, but it seems the IE guys have the problem... I fired up my old notebook running Windows 7 and low and behold, the problem was there.

Please look at the attached screenshot

I also seem to have problems if opening on an iPhone or iPad as the sizing goes all over the place.

I have a fluid size selected for the layout, of 92%. Tried it on a fixed size (990px), and that makes the sizing problem even worse on those platforms!

So, 'hello' again, hope someone out there takes pity on the new guy (we all have to start somewhere, right!?), and can help me work through my little list of problems.

Many thanks in advance...

Pete
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1203
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	1451  

Last edited by mytravelnews; Jul 8, 2011 at 05:07 AM.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 07:43 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
It looks like you may not have the PATCHES for Atahualpa 3.6.7 applied. There are currently four of them as listed below. The issues they fixed as mentioned aren't necessarily all that they fix and it is recommended you apply all of them.
  • PATCH 367-01: Odd effects when 'CSS: Compress' = 'Yes'
  • PATCH 367-02 is incorporated in BUGFIX 367-04
  • PATCH 367-03: PHP errors when adding widget areas in index.php
  • PATCH 367-04: Hovering over a Post/Page title only shows "Permanent Link to"
  • PATCH 367-05: Site Title appended after the 'WordPress SEO by Yoast' title

Last edited by lmilesw; Jul 8, 2011 at 09:51 AM.
Old Jul 10, 2011, 02:08 AM
mytravelnews

2 posts · Jun 2011
UK
Sorry for the slow return Larry, I've been away with family this weekend (family, first in my house!) and this is the earliest opportunity I have had to look at your reply.

I have added the patches... I'll let you know if this solves the problem, if I can prize the notebook from my daughter to get onto IE!

Many thanks for your prompt reply.

Pete