Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Parent Categories Won't Produce Children

Old Feb 26, 2010, 09:57 PM
Sonjapearl

4 posts · Feb 2010
Smile Parent Categories Won't Produce Children

Seriously, they won't.

I try to make child categories out of my parent categories, but instead they are part of the list. Meaning, they are added to the list of the parent categories. The reason why I chose Atahualpa was to have child categories.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance!
Old Feb 27, 2010, 06:43 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the url?

Categories are a Wordpress concept. They are defined in wordpress (dashboard->posts->categories) and that is where you specify one category to be the child of another.

when you say 'they are part of the list' - what are you refering to?
Old Feb 27, 2010, 11:23 AM
Sonjapearl

4 posts · Feb 2010
www.royaltyinthenews.com

The WP version is 2.9.2

It's the most recent Atahualpa, 3.4.6

What I mean is, I want the child categories to be indented in the list of categories. But when I try that, they do not stick out.

Last edited by Sonjapearl; Feb 27, 2010 at 11:25 AM.
Old Feb 27, 2010, 03:23 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What you are looking at (in the left sidebar) is a widget. This 'category' widget is one ot the default widgets that come with wordpress. It has nothing to do with Atahualpa. You might want do a google searchusing 'wordpress plugin category' and try out some of the ohter plugins to see if you can find one that will serve your needs.