Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Adding a second menu to breadcrumbs

Old May 16, 2013, 10:03 AM
manunu

9 posts · May 2013
Hi, everyone,

In my last post i cand understand something about his awesome theme, but now i modify for adding a Secondary Menu, For this, i delete some lines of code in the breadcrumbs.php file, but my problem is i don't know how i can call the second menu.

Thanks again
Old May 16, 2013, 10:08 AM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Did you look in the limited code?
Old May 16, 2013, 10:21 AM
manunu

9 posts · May 2013
Where? This is my new breadcrumbs.php file

Code:
<?php function bfa_breadcrumbs($id = '', $home = '&nbsp;', $sep = '' ) {

global $post, $wp_query, $author;

$before = '<span class="bc-current">'; 
	$after = '</span>'; 

# if ( is_home() OR is_front_page() )  { $sep = ""; }

echo '<ol><li class="bc-home"><a href="' . home_url() . '">' . $home . '</a></li>';

if ( is_category() ) {
		$cat_obj = $wp_query->get_queried_object();
		$thisCat = $cat_obj->term_id;
		$thisCat = get_category($thisCat);
		$parentCat = get_category($thisCat->parent);
		if ($thisCat->parent != 0) 
			echo '<li>' . get_category_parents($parentCat, TRUE, "</li><li>") ;
		else echo '<li>';
		echo $before . single_cat_title("", false) . $after . '</li>';

} elseif ( is_day() ) {
		echo '<li><a href="' . get_year_link(get_the_time("Y")) . '">' . get_the_time("Y") . '</a></li>';
		echo '<li><a href="' . get_month_link(get_the_time("Y"),get_the_time("m")) . '">' . get_the_time("F") . '</a></li>';
		echo '<li>' . $before . get_the_time("d") . $after . '</li>';

} elseif ( is_month() ) {
		echo '<li><a href="' . get_year_link(get_the_time("Y")) . '">' . get_the_time("Y") . '</a></li>';
		echo '<li>' . $before . get_the_time("F") . $after . '</li>';

} elseif ( is_year() ) {
		echo '<li>' . $before . get_the_time("Y") . $after . '</li>';

} elseif ( is_home() ) {
/*	BORRADO INTENCIONALMENTE	echo '<li>' . $before . __( 'Blog', 'montezuma' ) . $after . '</li>'; */
	}

/* BORRADO INTENCIONAL
	if ( get_query_var('paged') ) {
		echo '<li class="bc-pagenumber">';	
		if ( is_category() OR is_day() OR is_month() OR is_year() OR is_search() OR is_tag() OR is_author() ) 
			echo ' (';
		echo 'Page ' . get_query_var('paged');
		if ( is_category() OR is_day() OR is_month() OR is_year() OR is_search() OR is_tag() OR is_author() ) 
			echo ')';
		echo '</li>';
	}
	 */

echo '</ol>';

}
but in the theme options if possible put 2 menus, in the zone where is the Home icon i want to put a secondary menu.
Old May 16, 2013, 11:12 AM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
Go to dashboard > appearance > mz options, and in the upper right there's a tab for the limited code
Old Jun 11, 2013, 07:59 AM
manunu

9 posts · May 2013
Hi Again,

Sorry for the time, I made some changes to my montezuma theme, but i can't change the place where is the "house icon" with the navigation. I just want to put a menu in that place (in fact, i need two menus in my site, the principal with icons, and a secondary with another information or tags, and the better place for that is where is the house icon).

That is only what i need, help please

Best regards,
Old Jun 11, 2013, 12:25 PM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
You don't need to edit breadcrumbs.php if you want to remove the breadcrumbs line. What you need to do is make a change in the virtual files, particularly to header.php. It's header.php that determines what your header looks like, including the logo, site title, and any menus that are place there.

From your Dashboard, go to Appearances > Montezuma Options > Subtemplates > header.php.

Remove the line that displays the breadcrumb (it should be at the bottom) and then add another wp_nav_menu call for menu2. As JerryC said, if you click on the gray tab in the upper right corner of the header.php page that is labeled Limited PHP Code, a help section will slide down and you should be able to find an example about how to call wp_nav_menu for your second menu.

After you've made the changes and are satisfied with it, read the documentation in the Main Templates and Subtemplates sections to get an idea as to how the virtual file system works, in case you want to make any further changes.

Last edited by CrouchingBruin; Jun 11, 2013 at 12:29 PM.