Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

[SOLVED] Is it possible to change the link style for just those links within posts

Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:39 AM
StudioGal

181 posts · Feb 2009
Palm Beach Gardens FL
I had a question today from a reader who could not locate the links in my posts. I suspect there may be a visual impairment issue going on there, so it got me wondering.

I'm using just regular black type for the posts, and bold grey, not underlined, links (I believe these are the theme's defaults). On hover, the links change color and are underlined.

I believe that if I change the style of links to underlined in the ATOptions, then everything in the sidebars etc. will also change and I don't want that.

Is it possible to style just the links within a post? I'm guessing not, but thought I'd give this a shot.

Thanks!
Old Jul 8, 2010, 05:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
sure, if you look at the source, you will see that all posts have a class of 'post' so you can use that in a CSS Selector, set your rule and put it all in the CSS Inserts
Old Jul 9, 2010, 02:54 PM
StudioGal

181 posts · Feb 2009
Palm Beach Gardens FL
Thanks for this, I'll dig out my CSS book and see what I can dredge up from the memory banks.

Donation is overdue from your last help, apologies! I'm headed there now. (And might be back here if I run into difficulty with the selectors - just warning ya.)

Cheers and THANKS so much for your help.
Old Jul 9, 2010, 03:09 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try
HTML Code:
.post-bodycopy a {color:green;}
Old Jul 9, 2010, 03:17 PM
StudioGal

181 posts · Feb 2009
Palm Beach Gardens FL
Worked like a charm. Thanks again. Still plan to get out my CSS book, it's overdue for a review.