Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Added center column widget showing in Widget area, but not displaying on pos

Old Dec 21, 2011, 05:19 PM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
I added a center column widget in a previous version....my guess is it was 3.6.4, and then I upgraded to the current version, not realizing that I had a widget that might have been incompatible. The widget still shows in Appearance > Widgets, along with the text I placed in it, and if I go to ATO > Add new widget areas, it shows in the top box as a custom widget that could be deleted, but the widget no longer displays on my post pages, where it was.

I'm guessing I need to edit the index.php file to get it back on the post pages, but I'm not sure where exactly to put the code so the widget will display in the correct place (at the very top of all the post pages), and I thought I'd play it safe and check, because knowing me I'll end up breaking my blog.

The URL is www.theresasheridan.com/blog. I'm using the most recent versions of both WP and Atahualpa. Thank you!
Old Dec 21, 2011, 06:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
it needs to go in index.php after line 8
HTML Code:
if (have_posts()) : $bfa_ata['postcount'] = 0; /* Postcount needed for option "XX first posts full posts, rest excerpts" */ ?>
Old Dec 22, 2011, 09:50 AM
tsheridan

94 posts · Mar 2011
Awesome, that worked perfectly, thank so much!