Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Font Style in Widgets appearing correctly in IE9 but not correct in Firefox

Old Mar 9, 2012, 01:08 PM
CatalystCooks

11 posts · Feb 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Send a message via Skype™ to CatalystCooks
Font Style in Widgets appearing correctly in IE9 but not correct in Firefox

The Titles of my Widgets are appearing in IE9 correctly (gasp!!) and not appearing in Firefox correctly- they are italicized when they shouldn't be, and only for 3 of my five widgets (double gasp!!!)
http://69.89.31.130/~catalyu8/

I've been trying to troubleshoot this from three angles:

1. Widget styling (ATA- Style Widgets - Widget title) which currently looks like this:
Quote:
font-size: 1.5em !important;
color: #fff200;
font-family: "OpenSansRegular" !important;
text-align: center;
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal !important;
I can't find any problems with this, added the !important and it still doesn't take...

2. The font I am using - I am using a font kit from FontSquirrel (Opensans)
Not seeing any issues there

3. The Widgets themselves
for example, I was using the default Tag Widget provided by wordpress, figured wordpress widget might be the issue so I replaced it with a plugin widget (CTC), which DISPROVED my theory that the styling issue was due to using the default wordpress widget. Two of my text widgets appear just perfectly, and the remaining 3 have unintended italicized titles.

Any ideas?
Old Mar 9, 2012, 03:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Your titles are surrounded with <em>...</em> which is an italic style.
Old Mar 11, 2012, 04:05 PM
CatalystCooks

11 posts · Feb 2012
Minneapolis, MN
Send a message via Skype™ to CatalystCooks
Thanks Juggledad (I'm learning more about HTML, feel pretty good about CSS now). I tested the fix by editing in Firebug and it works! Now, the question is... how do I get to the source file where I can really fix it. Looked thru my folders on my host File Manager and can't find the logical place where they are, so I can change it in the file itself (I don't think I can get to the Wordpress CSS any other way, and my ATA settings don't seem to be driving this)???
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:17 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
well it looks like you are using a widget from a plugin so you will have to look at the plugin's code