Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Very Slow sites! Theme Related

Old Oct 25, 2012, 12:07 PM
kayel_justice

27 posts · Oct 2011
[SOLVED] Very Slow sites! Theme Related

Can someone tell me why my sites are so slow? It seems that atahualpa is slow for some reason, when I change themes it's faster. Any explanation?

Thanks in advance

http://spazbunny.com/
http://spazbunny.com/tanyacolucci

Last edited by kayel_justice; Oct 25, 2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 01:42 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
well for one thing, there are six images that are not found.
examine the site with the firebug extension and the net option.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 03:48 PM
kayel_justice

27 posts · Oct 2011
THX JD. I didn't know that missing items could cause it to move slow. I tested it out on the 2nd sit and it worked so I will try it on the other one.

Thx a many!
Old Oct 25, 2012, 04:55 PM
kayel_justice

27 posts · Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
well for one thing, there are six images that are not found.
examine the site with the firebug extension and the net option.
Hey JD,

I fixed the things on the site but it still hangs a bit. Maybe it's the host? Any other advice on this? I will continue to look into this and will report any findings as well. But I think it may be the host because it's not always slow, about 50/50.
http://spazbunny.com/tanyacolucci/

Last edited by kayel_justice; Oct 25, 2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 06:37 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
here is my first suggestion. Disable AL plugins and look at the load time (there is an option in the footer section to display some timing) then add the plugins back in and see the difference

also a breif look with the net function of Firebug shoed a number of aborts for resources.
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:35 PM
kayel_justice

27 posts · Oct 2011
Hey JD, in the future just so that you know it is definitely a hosting problem. It is working now but it was on godaddy's end. Also your suggestion from before did increase the speed.

The next time you come across this issue via godaddy hosting you'll know to tell them to ask if they are on a "grid hosting" platform. It has to do with the db, now that I am on the "grid" it is a lot faster.

Cheers.

Last edited by kayel_justice; Oct 25, 2012 at 10:40 PM.