Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Fairly new to this theme, help with center column

Old May 10, 2010, 02:16 PM
JoannaLynnPhoto

6 posts · May 2010
I really want a center column on my blog, here is an example blog of how I want my blog to be laid out www.brethurston.com and here is my blog www.joannalynnphoto.com , the other girl has a center column where all her text and pictures are and then two blank columns to the left and right of her blog, I love that look but mine is just spread across the length of the page in one section, anyone have any idea how I can get that center column? I am still pretty new to wordpress and this theme, thanks.

"edit" eeek, looks like she changed the style of her page lol...or is currently working on it. So I am basically just looking for a center column, pretty good size in width where all my pictures and text will go and then two different color blank columns to the side of the center column.

Last edited by JoannaLynnPhoto; May 10, 2010 at 02:19 PM.
Old May 10, 2010, 02:44 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The first thing to do is to to ATO>Style & Configure LAYOUT and set the width to 1000px.

I would also go to ATO>Body, Text, & Links and add fixed to the end of your background statement just before the semicolon. That way the background will not scroll when you scroll the page. I typically like this treatment better but see what you think.
Old May 10, 2010, 11:38 PM
JoannaLynnPhoto

6 posts · May 2010
Thanks, that helped a lot! And I like that the background doesn't scroll with my pictures now. Now, I am still trying to figure out how to have my text and picture area one color and the sides another. Like I would like my text and picture area in the center to be plain white so you can see the text really well, then the rest of the background a design, do you know how I could do that?
Old May 11, 2010, 12:36 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Look through the various "Style & Edit" area in the Atahualpa Theme Options. You can put a white background in the center column or sidebars as needed.
Old May 11, 2010, 08:36 PM
JoannaLynnPhoto

6 posts · May 2010
I'm still new to all this so I have no idea what to add to get it looking the way I want, I will try and post in the center column section of these forums, thanks.
Old May 11, 2010, 08:42 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Go to ATO>Style & Edit CENTER COLUMN and put the following in the Center Column Style box
HTML Code:
background-color:#ffffff;
Then go to ATO>Style & Configure SIDEBARS and put the the same code in the Sidebar Style box that you wish to have a white background
Old May 12, 2010, 07:25 PM
JoannaLynnPhoto

6 posts · May 2010
Thanks, you've been very helpful, I finally got it the way I want.
Old May 12, 2010, 07:51 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Another thing I noticed when visiting your site is that your image sizes are making the front page load slow. Some are in the 500k to 800k range and really shouldn't be much over 100k.