Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Major SEO Problem

Old Apr 27, 2010, 04:03 PM
kesbo

21 posts · Feb 2010
Hi there, I've obviously overlooked something but I can't think what. The problem is I can't find my site on Google or any of the search engines, I submitted the site a month ago and again 4 days ago. I have submitted sitemaps and verified the site with different search engines. I do not have a SEO plugin so are using the SEO within the Atahulapa theme, I have 3.4.5 version. I have yes selected for Use Bytes For All SEO options?. I have included meta description and keywords, have the tag format set to the default option. If I put the address www.homesinharmony.co.nz into the search bar it comes up but no description follows. So I'm stumped, I would soooo appreciate some help on this.

Regards

Kesbo
Old Apr 27, 2010, 04:25 PM
kesbo

21 posts · Feb 2010
Just to add to my earlier post, when i look at my webmaster account with google, it saids all my 5 pages are restricted by robots.txt files. Where do i find robot.txt files, do I need them, I don't even know how they got there?
Old Apr 27, 2010, 05:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
here is a link where you can read about robot.txt - http://www.robotstxt.org/robotstxt.html
Old Apr 27, 2010, 05:13 PM
kesbo

21 posts · Feb 2010
Thanks Juggledad, I have read the info you recommended, however I am still puzzled. I never put in a robots.txt file, does it come automatically with the Atahulapa theme? I don't know if I should delete it or even where to find it? Your help is very much appreciated.
Kesbo
Old Apr 27, 2010, 07:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
No robots.txt comes with Atahualpa, but you should check your root to see If one is installed by your host.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 08:19 PM
kesbo

21 posts · Feb 2010
I've checked the root folder, in fact all files and checked with my host. The result that came back from google webmasters saids URL restricted by robots.txt and I after I resubmitted my sitemap there is the same problem with the following. I am really stuck

Paths don't match
We've detected that you submitted your Sitemap using a URL path that includes the www prefix (for instance, http://www.example.com/sitemap.xml). However, the URLs listed inside your Sitemap don't use the www prefix (for instance, http://example.com/myfile.htm).

Last edited by kesbo; Apr 30, 2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old Apr 27, 2010, 09:58 PM
kesbo

21 posts · Feb 2010
This is all looking rather embarrasing. I've sorted my last problem with the sitemap, have that bit working beautifully and there is now no robot.txt file problem. I wrote a robots.txt file and put the following in in User-agent: * Disallow: so, that's ok but the problem still lies in the search. I realise it may take a few days or week for the site to come up under a keyword search but when I put in www.homesinharmony.co.nz, it comes up but there is no description showing. I obviously have something wrong in the SEO.
Old Apr 28, 2010, 04:06 AM
kesbo

21 posts · Feb 2010
I'm still trying to figure out how to resolve my problem. I spoke with my host provider, they suggested it may be a scripting problem?
Old May 8, 2010, 05:27 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
You have

HTML Code:
<meta name='robots' content='noindex,nofollow' />
in your header section. How did that get there?

Try disabling your plugins one by one until it's gone. You have one related to "dynamic headers", it may be caused by it?

Atahualpa puts <meta name='robots' content='noindex,nofollow' /> into the header if ?bfa_debug=1 was added to the URL. Your issue doesn't seem to be caused by Atahualpa
Old May 10, 2010, 12:45 AM
Wimbledon

320 posts · Apr 2009
[VA & AZ], USA
I think your answer is very simple actually.

Login to your Wordpress admin panel. Go to Settings > Privacy.

What is selected there? Make sure you have chosen "I would like my blog to be visible to everyone, including search engines (like Google, Bing, Technorati) and archivers".
Old May 10, 2010, 05:00 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Wimbledon -Good Call!! that is what is causing the '<meta name='robots' content='noindex,nofollow' />' to show up. Funny how you sometimes over look the basics.