Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Widget Area validation error in W3.org

Old Dec 3, 2011, 02:59 AM
mimi

70 posts · Feb 2009
over there...
I am sure it's not so bad, but it's worth mentioning and possibly getting it fixed.

I tried the following two options in the footer area:

Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=My Footer Widget&cells=4&align=2&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="my-footer-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>
AND the ATA example:

Code:
<?php bfa_widget_area('name=My widget area&cells=4&align=1&align_2=9&align_3=7&width_4=700&before_widget=<div id="%1$s" class="header-widget %2$s">&after_widget=</div>'); ?>
BOTH output the following error at http://validator.w3.org/ (you can enter your own url and see for yourself):

Code:
Validation Output: 1 Error

Line 340, Column 135: document type does not allow element "table" here; missing one of "object", "applet", "map", "iframe", "button", "ins", "del" start-tag
…"table-layout:fixed;width:100%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0"><tr>
✉
The mentioned element is not allowed to appear in the context in which you've placed it; the other mentioned elements are the only ones that are both allowed there and can contain the element mentioned. This might mean that you need a containing element, or possibly that you've forgotten to close a previous element.

One possible cause for this message is that you have attempted to put a block-level element (such as "<p>" or "<table>") inside an inline element (such as "<a>", "<span>", or "<font>").
When I remove the widgets completely, the error is gone, obviously.
Old Dec 3, 2011, 01:23 PM
KatyDigg

319 posts · Jul 2009
Hi Mimi,

I have had same issue on each ATA version, and resolve it by editting footer.php

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showpos...7&postcount=20

and then pass W3C validation.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:53 PM
mimi

70 posts · Feb 2009
over there...
Hi KatyDigg,

Thank you for the tip, much appreciated.

So basically, one has to remove the lines 93, 95, 97 and 99 in the footer. Any draw back at all?
I am wondering why Flynn did not fix it at once...

On a different subject - still another bug;
Would you happen to know a trick to make background pictures show up properly in iPads?

It used to work...
Old Dec 5, 2011, 02:01 PM
KatyDigg

319 posts · Jul 2009
Hi Mimi,

No problem encountered, and yes, remove each "p" on each of the four lines mentioned in footer.php

As for background pictures on iPad, I've not encounted a problem with background so far, therefore, sorry, I'm no help to you.

~ Katy

EDIT IN:

Just read this thread re: background resizing (if that is the issue)

http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=6673

Last edited by KatyDigg; Dec 5, 2011 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Edit In Thread Link
Old Dec 6, 2011, 04:17 AM
mimi

70 posts · Feb 2009
over there...
Hi Katy,

Thanks for the link as well, I'll give it a try.
Although, as other mentioned here, it used to work fine with previous ATA versions.