Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

general WP/Atahualpa questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Sep 2, 2010, 04:09 PM
lauras2010

16 posts · Sep 2010
general WP/Atahualpa questions

I need to create a three column layout with vertical navigation in the left sidebar (all pages), different right sidebars for different pages, and a customized layout with easily editable content areas in the main content area for the front page.

Typically I would edit the index.php file for the home page, and create different page templates and/or use custom fields for the inner pages. But the Atahualpa settings seem to apply site-wide.

In Atahualpa, it looks like I can handle the front page custom layout in the Style & Edit Center Column options box -- but will this carry over into all pages?

Also, I don't have a sense of how to get the vertical navigation in the left column, or how to have different right column setups for different pages.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you,
Laura S.